Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
1000017859.jpg

1000017744.jpg

It's time

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
It definitely hit me this morning. Sunday was chill since I was at seaworld for Father's day and completely shut off anything hockey related. I'm just hoping that Edmonton didn't flip some sort of switch on Saturday. Getting reverse swept would destroy us as fans and as a franchise

I still believe we will win the series. Yep, we made things worse for ourselves by being completely stomped on and giving the Oilers hope, but it's still just one game. And it's just really tough to win four straight games.

There was a good Hockey PDOCast on this yesterday - it's a neutral and analytics focused hockey podcast. They asked that question about whether they saw anything tactically from the Oilers in G4 that could change the trajectory of the series, and they basically said no. They also mentioned that the Panthers did have a tendancy from the regular season to get blown out at times as we play a really intensive style of hockey and tend to let up once we know we're losing. I don't know how true that is but it seems fair so I'm clinging onto that to explain that blowout!

My sense is that the Oilers are a better team than 3-0 would have indicated, were playing loose/pressure-free in G4, had better line combination and also took advantage of great matchups. We let our foot of the gas and collectively had probably the worse game of our post-season. And then we just effectively gave up once we felt the game was out of reach. But I feel we are still the better, deeper and healthier team over 7 game series, with the better goalie. And just as it's bloody hard for us to win four games straight, it would be even worse for the Oilers to do so.

But yes, still a nervous wreck...

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Losing tonight and going back to Edmonton for game 6 is a nightmare scenario. It wouldn't necessarily be as bad if the Oilers had home ice and we were the ones going back to Florida for a game 6, but the way this series is structured we absolutely need to skate away with the cup tonight or we're very likely looking at a seven game series and in serious danger.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Just win tonight. I need to focus on moving and preparing baby stuff; can’t be nervously checking the various hockey websites 15 times a day in some strange delirium, knowing all those "analyses" and comments mean shit but still unable to ignore them.

Seriously. My baby needs less stress. Please win.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The media oilers hyping taking heads have managed to turn this series into one where the Panthers are essentially losing even though they’re winning 3-1.

Did you hear how amazing McD was last game? How he broke records and took his team to a win over the hapless Panthers. Everyone now knows it’s only a matter of time until the oilers come back and take the Cup to Edmonton who obviously are entitled to it, like always!

Just one minor detail to you, oh biased media. Panthers won the first 3 games with hard ass forecheck and suffocating defense and backed by superior goaltending. As much as you’d want none of that to return, it will. As much as you’d want the oilers to roam untouched into odd man breaks, they won’t. As much as you’d want Bob to be worse than Skinner, he won’t be.

Coz Panthers are gonna come roaring back and won’t be denied!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad