OT: MLB Thread 2024

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
It was gone.
Except it wasn't, lol. That was gonna be a double either way (I would say maybe a triple, but given Torres's speed, unlikely)

Love seeing Hill get Freeman out tonight in a game that's already over.

Worst bullpen decision in Yankees history.
What's sad is it's not even hindsight. How in the world did Boone bring in Cortes in that situation, given that he hadn't pitched in over a month when you have Tim Hill there, who's been lights out most of this postseason?? And yes, maybe it would have still been a loss with Tim Hill, but I think I speak for almost every Yankees fan that we would have lived and been okay with that, knowing it was still the right decision.

Boone will point to the career numbers against Cortes for Ohtani and Betts and Freeman for why he brought him in, but analytics don't account for the fact that Cortes is/was likely to be rusty as hell.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The year that 8 yr old me became a Yankee fan after listening to my family rant and rave and call this guy Bucky Dent all kinds of names. I felt he needed someone to defend him since he was only doing his job :)
A team from NY also lost the first 2 games of that 1978 World Series to a team from LA. They swept the next 4. Reggie who was slumping badly had a big strike out vs a young Bob Welch. Reggie later came back with some good at bats including a homer off that same Bob Welch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad