OT: MLB Thread 2024

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
As with younger Rangers fans, younger Mets fans have that same feeling that the other shoe is about to drop. I can remember when miracles and amazing finishes were a Mets thing. 1969, 1973, 1986 - Game 6 in the NLCS AND Game 6 in the WS

Last edited:
Reactions: will1066 and nyr2k2

Breaded Fox

ZacJones=Cup
Nov 8, 2010
NJ
I'm not a Mets fan, but that was exciting. My Dad always cheered for the yanks and the Mets, giants and the jets and it used to annoy me. But now that I'm older I kind of get it. However I will never wish anything but ill will to the fish sticks or that Mickey mouse team over here..

Reactions: trueblue30nyr

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I'm not a Mets fan, but that was exciting. My Dad always cheered for the yanks and the Mets, giants and the jets and it used to annoy me. But now that I'm older I kind of get it. However I will never wish anything but ill will to the fish sticks or that Mickey mouse team over here..
I could never root for “both” teams. I’m a one team guy in all sports

Ben Grimm

Non-Bs fans: Neely forever! 🏒
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

Jomboy breakdown on Williams tipping his pitches

Jomboy and tipping pitches are both very overrated. Execution is where it's at in all sports. Teams knew Lombardi was going to run the ball every play, but they still couldn't stop it. NE and OK ran the ball every play in the 70s, but teams still couldn't stop them. Teams knew Wooden's UCLA teams were gonna get the ball to Kareem and Walton, but they still couldn't stop them.

If you execute well, hitters will have trouble. Some pitches are unhittable. Mariano has the highest ERA+ ever and he used one pitch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad