OT: MLB Thread 2024

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
They brought up Orze, as well. I know he got rocked in his debut but his stuff looked pretty good and he was the victim of a shrinking zone. He was doing well in AAA, so it will be interesting to see if he can show something.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Judge, Cole, Soto, Stanton, Rodon, Stroman, Rizzo, LeMahieu, and Torres are 75% of the payroll. Nobody else is making 8 digits.

Judge, Soto, and Cole, sure. Cool beans.

Rodon was never that guy. Not a fan of that signing.

I like Stroman but I was really surprised to learn he makes that much.

Rizzo was a mistake. He's old and broken down and they boxed themselves into that by not having a 1B since Teixeira. Bryce Harper pretty much volunteered to play 1B for this team and they were like "nah."

They should have moved on from DJ after his injuries.

Torres should be put in a boat and sailed out to sea.

Stanton, to me, is the major impetus here. It was a really dumb move that didn't really fill a need, but it was flashy. It was the type of move George made at his worst. Ever since then, it's like "well that's it, hard 180 in the other direction."

Like, I feel like they don't spend as much as they could and just leave obvious holes to rot, but almost every time they do spend money, I wish they hadn't. It's just bad management from a guy who can't run an MLB team in 2024.
The real issue I have that none of our position player draft picks pan out, so they need to throw money around at free agency to fill those holes and are bound to overpay and make mistakes.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Well they let him walk off without any assistance at all, so hopefully it was just like a Charley Horse. Kind of looked like that they way they were rubbing it to try to stretch it out. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: will1066

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Mets hopefully just entered the Crochett sweepstakes. It wouldn't be a rental and he's still very young.

Might be time for Baty to scout out some apartments on the south side of Chicago.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Don't get what Chisholm is supposed to help with. The guy is another nothing burger offensively.

Getting him out of that canyon in Miami will help, he’s actually fast, we have no speed outside of Volpe. A cheap replacement for Gleyber for next few years, price really didn’t seem that bad.

Reactions: Guyute

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad