OT: MLB Thread 2024

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want

Grisham in the field yesterday, this tonight, just bad!

theyre-shitty-ground-keepers.gif

Reactions: 17futurecap

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I’m sure the mistakes will end in Boone’s 8th year next season.

DFA DJ, enough he’s a crippled old man.

The at bats in the 9th and 10th inning were pathetic.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Him and LeMahieu on that play. If I were in charge of this team, their seasons are over.

You don't belong in the majors if you run the bases like that.

I would send Volpe to Triple-A and just Of Mice and Men DJ. It's the humane thing to do.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Boone will never hold any player accountable..that's why they all love playing for him.The guy has a book of player excuses he uses regularly

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Boone will never hold any player accountable..that's why they all love playing for him.The guy has a book of player excuses he uses regularly
Eerily sounds like another manager that needs to be fired but probably won't...in another thread, another sport, but same problem.

This is where I'd just like to point out again that Brian Cashman got his start with the Yankees because his dad was one of George's best friends.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Yankees are truly a steaming pile of dung right now. They have the same issues the Rangers have - the culture is whack and there's no real leadership to help right the ship when things aren't going swimmingly.

Injuries have definitely played a part but that's on the Yankees for continuously signing players that can't stay on the field.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
The Yankees are a whole ass joke.

I'm ready to tear the whole thing down to studs and effectively start the organization over.

Trade Judge. I can follow his new team while the Yankees rebuild.

Situational hitting and general plate approach has been a problem for most of the last 15 years. Until they fix that, nothing will change. There's only so much you can do when you don't hit behind the runner, move runners, put the ball in play with a runner on third and less than two out, or maybe not chase every 1-2 slider that lands on the chalk in the opposite batter's box.

Other than Judge and Soto, the entire lineup is a joke. They haven't had a real catcher offensively since Jorge Posada.

Reactions: Machinehead

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Time for Boone to go. And Cashman can go with him.

Cashman has spent nearly 3 Billion dollars since 2001 and has ONE world series to show for it. The last Yankee dynasty was built by Stick Michael. Cashman has literally done nothing.
It amazes me the rhetoric that comes out of professional circles on Cashman. Has anybody really done less with more? The Yankees are consistently among the highest in salaries. They spend a lot of money in scouting and coaching at all levels and yes, in their analytics department too.

Hal has said several times that you don't need to spend $300 million (really he means top of the league) in player salary to be a successful team that wins WS. Of course he's saying this to prepare the fans for the outcome of them not buying every FA out there and honestly, I absolutely agree with him. BUT, does he realize how that throws his very GM under the bus? Because Cashman has been given the most in salary throughout his tenure. What has he really accomplished with it? By Hal's own definition, Cashman is failing at his job.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Situational hitting and general plate approach has been a problem for most of the last 15 years. Until they fix that, nothing will change. There's only so much you can do when you don't hit behind the runner, move runners, put the ball in play with a runner on third and less than two out, or maybe not chase every 1-2 slider that lands on the chalk in the opposite batter's box.

Other than Judge and Soto, the entire lineup is a joke. They haven't had a real catcher offensively since Jorge Posada.
They'll point to power and strikeouts being way up around baseball, which they are, but winning teams still strike out at low levels relative to the environment.

The approach the Yankees have would be like an NBA team saying "gee, scoring and pace have lapped the field the last ten years, so we might as well just forget it and be the worst defensive team in the league."

Reactions: TopShelfSnipes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad