OT: MLB Thread 2024

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
outside of stanton they don’t have a clutch bone in their body is the biggest issue. judge will get a single every 6th or 7th ab with no one on and 2 outs.

you could see how all this unfolded, but even if hill comes in I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we still lost, even if it wasn’t by a home run
I still take my chances on the guy that's been pitching regularly and is you know, an actual reliever and used to it. Cortes shouldn't even be on the damn roster, no less coming into a game in that situation. That's an easy 1st guess.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I still take my chances on the guy that's been pitching regularly and is you know, an actual reliever and used to it. Cortes shouldn't even be on the damn roster, no less coming into a game in that situation. That's an easy 1st guess.

That wasn't the only bad move he made.

Holmes first guy out of the pen with a guy on (and I get the logic, but it's f***ing Holmes who is as unreliable as they come), letting Kahnle face Ohtani (this was amplified by Gleyber not being able to catch a ball) and then wasting Weaver trying to get a 5 out save when the probability was low and that game was almost certainly going to get tied. Should have let Kahnle get out of his own mess at that point or at least finish the inning.

Would have been f***ing nice to have Weaver for the 10th.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
absolutely fair. it just sucks that after cousins, whom do you have? I hate how shit our bullpen is beyond the 5th guy while the dodgers have like infinite arms.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
It’s like they were trying to film a movie using Nestor.
boone was trying big brain everyone and just showed he’s the biggest f***ing moron in the stadium. beyond cortes over hill, why immediately ibb betts? betts has bad numbers against him and he can nibble a bit. go 2-0 or 3-0 then put up 4 fingers. but now you have to throw strikes with bases loaded.

just horrific managing by boone.

Tim Hill. No earned runs and great against lefties. Easy.
honestly I’m most mad they immediately ibb’d betts. should’ve thrown a little something to him then 4 fingers if it’s quickly 2-0 or 3-0.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I was watching at my brother’s place. I don’t get some of the decisions made by both managers in the end.

Why were the Dodgers playing in when Chisholm scored? That would’ve been a routine double play.

And why Cortez was brought in. Lmao that was a yikes. Not even in hindsight was that a bad move.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
On one hand I feel bad for Cortes. No action in a month and THATS the spot your manager puts you in? Brutal.

On the other hand, bro threw the slowest meatball possible for Freddie f***ing Freeman. I would’ve put that pitch in the bleachers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad