OT: MLB Thread 2024

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I fear the Yankees will win.

But death, taxes, and Dodgers-Yankees WS I suppose.

@Machinehead you might need to clarify the rules here for the very anti-Yankees crowd. I want to know where the line is so I can be just an tad under it. :laugh:

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Hell I’ll root for the Yankees. I don’t hate them.

I don’t really hate the dodgers either but I don’t really wanna root for the team that just beat us.

I’ve been a Stanton defender for a long enough time now that it tips the scales in that direction for me.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I fear the Yankees will win.

But death, taxes, and Dodgers-Yankees WS I suppose.

@Machinehead you might need to clarify the rules here for the very anti-Yankees crowd. I want to know where the line is so I can be just an tad under it. :laugh:
We always tended to stick with the "if you don't have anything nice to say..." rule from back in grade school.

I can't speak for the rest of Yankees fans but the ship already sailed on me being completely f***ing obnoxious all winter after the Liberty game last night.

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
The way the Dodgers were playing, with that discipline to not chase and hence drawing so many walks, hitting base hits and the long ball. They have quite the lineup. Im not sure the Yankees can handle them.

Ohtani>Judge and also the Dodgers - theyre just relentless pressure. I have to give the edge in this series to L.A. though I'll be rooting for the Yankees since Im a New Yawkah and my son is a Yankees fan too.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I don't really care who wins at this point. For me, it's a zero-sum with the Mets. Whoever else wins is of no concern to me. I'll watch but won't root for or against.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
The way the Dodgers were playing, with that discipline to not chase and hence drawing so many walks, hitting base hits and the long ball. They have quite the lineup. Im not sure the Yankees can handle them.

Ohtani>Judge and also the Dodgers - theyre just relentless pressure. I have to give the edge in this series to L.A. though I'll be rooting for the Yankees since Im a New Yawkah and my son is a Yankees fan too.
The Yankees do those things as well and just as good, if not a little better, than the Dodgers.

The Yankees will also have much better pitching to throw at the Dodgers than the Padres and Mets did.

This will go 7 games most likely. Gonna go with Yankees in 7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad