OT: MLB Talk

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Turns out that I was right about Quintana being a good matchup. He got ground balls, and didn't allow total baserunning impunity. That was purely professional on his part, and backed by excellent defense (he made an excellent play on that baltimore chop). Excepting, of course, Alvarez's very weak throws to 2nd.

Don't really need to say more about Butto. He missed up too much.

I would have been scared out of my mind to be a right handed hitter facing Diaz. When that elbow drops, and he doesn't get his body through that ball is gonna fly right at you at 98+mphm, and there's no getting out of the way. I don't think I could force myself to stand there much less try to hit the ball.

I know Alonso got the hit, but when Lindor worked out the walk, I felt really good about their chances. It was pure determination on his part, and it rattled Williams, who was all over the place from that point on. The pitch to Alonso was a 3-1 meatball right where he likes it. Very happy for Alonso that he pounced on it. And the self-destruction continued with Willams hitting Winker with 2 strikes. Heck, the only thing that really felt surprising to me was Marte pouncing on the outside pitch he'd spit on all game long for the insurance run. That had to be incredibly demoralizing for the Brewers.

(PS Winker's baserunning was key of course. Then he had a case of the Gillies - the Trevor Gillies. He's nuts.)

Really special to see Lindor put together every mental talent together. Even in great winners, it's not common. He's a gifted athlete, but he's more exceptional in those respects than he is athletically.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Turns out that I was right about Quintana being a good matchup. He got ground balls, and didn't allow total baserunning impunity. That was purely professional on his part, and backed by excellent defense (he made an excellent play on that baltimore chop). Excepting, of course, Alvarez's very weak throws to 2nd.

Don't really need to say more about Butto. He missed up too much.

I would have been scared out of my mind to be a right handed hitter facing Diaz. When that elbow drops, and he doesn't get his body through that ball is gonna fly right at you at 98+mphm, and there's no getting out of the way. I don't think I could force myself to stand there much less try to hit the ball.

I know Alonso got the hit, but when Lindor worked out the walk, I felt really good about their chances. It was pure determination on his part, and it rattled Williams, who was all over the place from that point on. The pitch to Alonso was a 3-1 meatball right where he likes it. Very happy for Alonso that he pounced on it. And the self-destruction continued with Willams hitting Winker with 2 strikes. Heck, the only thing that really felt surprising to me was Marte pouncing on the outside pitch he'd spit on all game long for the insurance run. That had to be incredibly demoralizing for the Brewers.

(PS Winker's baserunning was key of course. Then he had a case of the Gillies - the Trevor Gillies. He's nuts.)

Really special to see Lindor put together every mental talent together. Even in great winners, it's not common. He's a gifted athlete, but he's more exceptional in those respects than he is athletically.

1. The Nimmo single after the Lindor walk is underappreciated as well.

2. Wacky Winker vs. Philly fans should be fun.

3. Lindor letting the Turang liner drop first for a chance as the double play was stellar baseball IQ and composure in a monumental moment. Then the physicality to get to 2nd on his own and gun out a speedster was equally as impressive.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad