MLB Minnesota Twins for sale

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
Good for baseball and Twins fans.

The Pohlad family -- Carl's been dead a while -- was the guy who volunteered to contract his team with the Expos, which was always ridiculous.

Minnesota, Detroit, Seattle are like always leaning into the "Small market" non-sense when they're in bigger markets than 10 to 13 other markets.

Markets like San Diego, who signed three guys to $300 million contracts and St. Louis, who's second all-time in championships.

The Pittsburgh Steelers and Penguins have had semi-dynasties. The Detroit Red Wings had a semi-dynasty or 20 years of excellence. There's really no excuse for their baseball teams to not be financially competitive. Have you MET anyone from Minnesota? It's not a fan support problem, it's owners just pocketing profits instead of spending to win.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Good for baseball and Twins fans.

The Pohlad family -- Carl's been dead a while -- was the guy who volunteered to contract his team with the Expos, which was always ridiculous.

Minnesota, Detroit, Seattle are like always leaning into the "Small market" non-sense when they're in bigger markets than 10 to 13 other markets.

Markets like San Diego, who signed three guys to $300 million contracts and St. Louis, who's second all-time in championships.

The Pittsburgh Steelers and Penguins have had semi-dynasties. The Detroit Red Wings had a semi-dynasty or 20 years of excellence. There's really no excuse for their baseball teams to not be financially competitive. Have you MET anyone from Minnesota? It's not a fan support problem, it's owners just pocketing profits instead of spending to win.

I am here for the middle finger to shitty billionaire owners.

I still can't get over that contraction nonsense within a decade of winning a World Series, their second in a handful of years.

Here's hoping Minnesota's next owner is better...and that a million horrible things that describing would get me banned happens to Robert Nutting.

Takuto Maruki

Ideal and the real
Dec 13, 2016
Brandon, Manitoba
Realistically, how much of the vitriol against the Pohlad's is actually viable in this day and age? They got their new shiny ballpark, and are decently competitive in what was (and is) a weak division.

If anything, what this tells me is that within mid market ownership groups, they're starting to see the RSN apocalypse affect them and their wider paychecks, and are deciding to cash out in the hopes that someone with much larger pockets can deal with the problem.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Realistically, how much of the vitriol against the Pohlad's is actually viable in this day and age? They got their new shiny ballpark, and are decently competitive in what was (and is) a weak division.

If anything, what this tells me is that within mid market ownership groups, they're starting to see the RSN apocalypse affect them and their wider paychecks, and are deciding to cash out in the hopes that someone with much larger pockets can deal with the problem.
I mean, I think these points go hand in hand. They cut the payroll of a playoff team by like $40 million because they were too cheap to absorb the Bally losses themselves.

Reactions: Takuto Maruki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad