Confirmed with Link: Mittelstadt re-signed (3 years, $5.75M AAV)

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
No doubt his agent understood his impact at 5 on 5. Looking at his point totals, the 57 points don't jump off the page, but 48 even strength points is the key. That puts him ahead of guys like Clayton Keller, Jordan Kyrou, and Nick Suzuki. Also right behind Barkov and Hischier.

Get this guy some legit powerplay time and he's pushing 70 points.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Once again, 3 years was way too short, especially at that AAV. Now he's going to worth 8.5M+ and we'll have to let him walk in his prime and go back to no 2C.

Reactions: cinchronicity

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Once again, 3 years was way too short, especially at that AAV. Now he's going to worth 8.5M+ and we'll have to let him walk in his prime and go back to no 2C.
You know there's 2 sides negotiating right? Obviously Mitts wasn't willing to sign for that little for any longer than 3 years. You think the Avs would have turned down extra years at the same money if that was an option?

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
You know there's 2 sides negotiating right? Obviously Mitts wasn't willing to sign for that little for any longer than 3 years. You think the Avs would have turned down extra years at the same money if that was an option?

Exactly.

Just pay the man when his current deal is up. Cap will be over 100M when we have to re-sign him.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Exactly.

Just pay the man when his current deal is up. Cap will be over 100M when we have to re-sign him.
Colton will be off the books and will sign with another team for 10 million after winning a multiple rocket Richard trophies.

Woods contract will be much more tradeable/buyout friendly in 3 years as well.

Reactions: Murzu

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Meh, I’d tend to agree but hardly something to worry about now.

Odds are we aren’t even a true contender in 3 years and just either let him walk or re-sign him with a much higher salary cap in place.

We have 3 runs with him at a bargain price. Let’s enjoy it.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I said this before, but I think we win one more cup in 2027 with this core and that’s it, which I believe is the last year of Mitts contract, so whatever happens after that is somewhat irrelevant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad