Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Tavares was overpaid by around a million but he was the top UFA in his prime, his contract was fair value. Whether he actually lived up to it after his first season is very much debatable. I would say we only got our money's worth in his first year.

The Matthews & Marner deals were absolutely atrocious in hindsight. They got much more than their comparable peers, they got less term and all of the clauses. Dubas got absolutely bent over.
Paying that for a player who will be your 1C for several years is fair value. Playing that for someone who will be your 2C after the first year isn't, and was the root cause of all the other overpayments.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Paying that for a player who will be your 1C for several years is fair value. Playing that for someone who will be your 2C after the first year isn't, and was the root cause of all the other overpayments.
That and every agent in hockey knew they had the leafs f***ed
Too bad we ll never know what threats Nylander, marner and mathews made to dubas
That might be a game changer

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That and every agent in hockey knew they had the leafs f***ed
Too bad we ll never know what threats Nylander, marner and mathews made to dubas
That might be a game changer
Why would you assume there were threats?

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I'm not naturally gifted like you, I'm one of those sick f***ers that has been getting up at 5am for the last 20ish years, I've completed my full workout + 5k walk/ bike ride, shower and breakfast before most people are awake. It takes a lot of work to look this good :P ...

There is a joke about your girlfriend and the Canadian Navy that I could insert here but she clearly has it rough enough ...
Very mature. I am grateful that you thought enough of me to suggest a girl would even be interested in me, which I guess is unchartered territory for you.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Very mature. I am grateful that you thought enough of me to suggest a girl would even be interested in me, which I guess is unchartered territory for you.

WOW, you can be glib with your comments towards ACC1224 but I can't be jokingly glib towards you? Gotcha.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You know what? Defending these guys and kissing their feet is just as pathetic as frothing. These guys wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire. Who cares? I am not idolizing hockey players like some of you here. Sick of this BS Leafs organization has been feeding us. Shuffle the deck chairs on the titanic some more, Tre/Shanny.

Marner scores 90 points a season, whoop de doo. What am I supposed to do? Say “thank you Mr. Marner, you’re amazing!!” ?
Apparently "super crazy elite" are the words you're looking for. And you're supposed to post them in all kinds of different threads, not just the ones about Marner.

And probably mutter them to yourself as you're falling asleep. Mitch Marner super crazy elite ... super crazy elite ... super crazy elite ... super crazy elite ...

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Apparently "super crazy elite" are the words you're looking for. And you're supposed to post them in all kinds of different threads, not just the ones about Marner.

And probably mutter them to yourself as you're falling asleep. Mitch Marner super crazy elite ... super crazy elite ... super crazy elite ... super crazy elite ...
Be careful, this is a very hard working God you're talking about

1720803177103.png

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Be careful, this is a very hard working God you're talking about

View attachment 894436
This is so cringe 😂 (not Marner) but taking the time to find an old goofy photo of him and posting it on the internet, trying to be edgy .

And this is coming from a leaf fan who's ok with trading him. You extreme frothers are something else.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
This is so cringe 😂 (not Marner) but taking the time to find an old goofy photo of him and posting it on the internet, trying to be edgy .

And this is coming from a leaf fan who's ok with trading him. You extreme frothers are something else.
"Taking the time" Google takes literally 3 seconds bro

• Haha
Reactions: Metroid

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Still going out of your way to prove some weird obsession. "Bro"
It's funny how ignorant they are to how sad they appear. I get that schools is out and the kids have time on their hands but some of them would be better served heading outside for a bit.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
It's funny how ignorant they are to how sad they appear. I get that schools is out and the kids have time on their hands but some of them would be better served heading outside for a bit.
He could have gotten in a few reps instead of searching for Marner on the internet

• Haha
Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
He could have gotten in a few reps instead of searching for Marner on the internet
Why would you even search that? Perhaps they have pictures of young men bookmarked and they stumbled on it....creepy no doubt.

• Haha
Reactions: Metroid

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Sorry my immigrant parents couldn't afford to enroll me in hockey. Hockey skills does not = fitness. Dude I made a living out of training for like 10+ years lmfao but nice try.

I'm claiming to be in better shape, not better at hockey. There's a difference. You're probably in better shape than guys like Byfuglien and what not.

You're in better shape for what? Picking up a weight, putting down a weight? Super, good for you. It means shit in a hockey rink. Being in hockey shape is not the same as being in gym bro shape, which is the point you missed. You've been doing this for 12 years, that's cute thinking that is a significant milestone. Well bravo, you've accomplished something that tens of millions of other people have accomplished. Here's your sign. I started to workout in 1984, have been doing so ever since... I've been religiously getting up at 5am every day for approx the last 20 years, I do a full workout, +5k on the bike or a +5k walk, I eat a strict diet and supplements, all before you are out of your warm little bed but here is the little secret you don't know, only you are impressed by you ... no one cares about my or your workout prowess - it's not notable or special. You clearly think it is but it is not. What kind of fool comes on here and brags about his daily routine... like dude... no one cares.

Last edited:

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I cant be the only one who sees the irony in how certain Marner supporters continue to go back to one shot blocking video from 5 years ago to support their claim that he plays with any kind of grit or heart. Which of course unintentionally proves there aren't many recent instances to back up their claim.

Reactions: thewave

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I cant be the only one who sees the irony in how certain Marner supporters continue to go back to one shot blocking video from 5 years ago to support their claim that he plays with any kind of grit or heart. Which of course unintentionally proves there aren't many recent instances to back up their claim.

It is a little bit suspicious. I mean they will pretty much tell you the sky is brown.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
What weird obsession am I trying to prove, you're crying on the internet because people are being mean about Marner. You have some weird obsession to defend him with your life.
If you actually read my post , I've said here and other places , I'm ok with trading him and moving on from him if it makes the leafs better... I'm just not going about it in a weird obsessive way few on here are.
Not defending Marner, just calling out the wack-a-doodle way some of you going about this Marner thing.
Relax, breath, it'll be ok.

Reactions: Mr_Fun and ACC1224

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
If you actually read my post , I've said here and other places , I'm ok with trading him and moving on from him if it makes the leafs better... I'm just not going about it in a weird obsessive way few on here are.
Not defending Marner, just calling out the wack-a-doodle way some of you going about this Marner thing.
Relax, breath, it'll be ok.
Yet you're replying to every post

Sadly we have to post 5-6 times because people either intentionally ignore the actual point being made (He needs to work harder on and off the ice if he's going to demand insane $$$) or it just goes over their head, and then there's a couple guys who think he actually works hard, which is probably the worst.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Yet you're replying to every post

Sadly we have to post 5-6 times because people either intentionally ignore the actual point being made (He needs to work harder on and off the ice if he's going to demand insane $$$) or it just goes over their head, and then there's a couple guys who think he actually works hard, which is probably the worst.
Im on lunch, I have time, I normally don't get myself into these sorta scrimmages on HF, I thank you for being my first.

At this point in time this thread really makes no sense. You're right, one side has to be louder than the other side. Sure discussions on a board are the whole point, but until we hear any updates from the leafs or Marner camp, this thread should die. It won't, but it is what it is. I'll continue my usual lurking self and go back in the shadows. Good day.

Reactions: AvroArrow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad