2024 CHL Import Draft

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I never said that his season overall has been good. But he did improve significantly over the season and he did manage to hold onto the top6 spot he was handed at the trade deadline. He was a top6 forward from then on, including playoffs. He was mostly on the top line (plus special teams) and he had an impact. What a couple of internet fans want is completely irrelevant. Forget will have to justify his spot next season but you don't usually get demoted from the topline to the bottom six over the summer for no good reason. The way it usually works is that it's the rookies having to earn ice time from the more senior players.

Here is the situation in Shawinigan.

Lacerte will continue to be the go-to guy with PPG player Vince Elie and newly acquired 20 year old PPG player Louis-Philippe Fontaine.

Then, you have their 2023 1st rounder Cole Chandler who got injured but still produced as much as Forget in the season despite only playing 25 games. They just picked Chad Lygitsakos with the 3rd overall pick and he will definitely play in that top 9, even top 6.

They still have Klima as a Euro who played top 6 and PP all year and produced significantly more than Forget.

Then, you have other 20 year old forward Bonefon who will lock in a top 9 spot with his grit and two-way ability.

They are supposedly acquiring Gridin from Val d'Or in the coming weeks, so that's an 8th top 9 spot guaranteed there.

Then, you have 2023 2nd rounder Reece Peitzsche who scored 25 points who should be ahead as well. That's 9 guys.

Then you add two-way center Kody Dupuis, son of Pascal who is coaching, who will want to continue playing in the top 9, he centered in the top 6 most of the year last season.

Then, you still have Natan Ethier who scored 34 points last season and will be 19 this year.

That's 11 forwards clearly ahead of Forget to start the year in Shawinigan for me.

So, to me, he's almost fighting for a spot in the starting line-up at this point, his chances of playing in the top 6 are at about 0% unless there's a pile of injuries.

Nothing against Forget, but Shawinigan is heading into the season with one of the top 5 deepest offensive groups in the Q. Their line-up will be significantly stronger than last season when Forget played bottom 6 until he got some chances in the top 9 due to injuries.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Here is the situation in Shawinigan.

Lacerte will continue to be the go-to guy with PPG player Vince Elie and newly acquired 20 year old PPG player Louis-Philippe Fontaine.

Then, you have their 2023 1st rounder Cole Chandler who got injured but still produced as much as Forget in the season despite only playing 25 games. They just picked Chad Lygitsakos with the 3rd overall pick and he will definitely play in that top 9, even top 6.

They still have Klima as a Euro who played top 6 and PP all year and produced significantly more than Forget.

Then, you have other 20 year old forward Bonefon who will lock in a top 9 spot with his grit and two-way ability.

They are supposedly acquiring Gridin from Val d'Or in the coming weeks, so that's an 8th top 9 spot guaranteed there.

Then, you have 2023 2nd rounder Reece Peitzsche who scored 25 points who should be ahead as well. That's 9 guys.

Then you add two-way center Kody Dupuis, son of Pascal who is coaching, who will want to continue playing in the top 9, he centered in the top 6 most of the year last season.

Then, you still have Natan Ethier who scored 34 points last season and will be 19 this year.

That's 11 forwards clearly ahead of Forget to start the year in Shawinigan for me.

So, to me, he's almost fighting for a spot in the starting line-up at this point, his chances of playing in the top 6 are at about 0% unless there's a pile of injuries.

Nothing against Forget, but Shawinigan is heading into the season with one of the top 5 deepest offensive groups in the Q. Their line-up will be significantly stronger than last season when Forget played bottom 6 until he got some chances in the top 9 due to injuries.
That's a whole lot of bullshit. From what I recall, the topline after the deadline was pretty much always Klima and Forget, centered by mostly Elie, sometimes Roy...until Klima got hurt. You have Fontaine coming in and Chandler returning plus rookies coming in as well but the rest of the kids you listed played 2nd-4th line below Forget to close out last season.

The way the CHL works is you don't usually lose your spot over the summer for no reason. We'll see where Fontaine is gonna slot in but I doubt the rookies or the guys who were already behind Forget last season are gonna get a head start over him...especially because they're all the same age or older than Forget. Chandler is a very interesting kid but only played 25 games in his rookie season and missed a lot of time due to injury.

Gridin to Shawinigan I think is a rumour and not gonna happen. Even if it does I don't see how Shawinigan could acquire him without letting go Klima...which is something they absolutely shouldn't do. Klima is a quality goal scorer and I think Klima is just scratching the surface of his capabilities. As I said, I'm shocked he didn't get drafted into the NHL after the back half of the season he had.

So yeah. Shawinigan is gonna have a deep team next season but I think you're a fool if you honestly expect kids who played a lesser role (to close out last season) to suddenly get a head start over Forget next season. Of course if he doesn't turn up ready for camp or can't keep up his play then, with so many quality returning players, he's gonna get demoted in no time. It could happen but for now it's not a realistic scenario. The same goes for the Gridin/Klima trade...though it's Shawinigan so you never know.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Are the Xs definite “won’t gos” yet? Because there are a few players who I’d definitely expect to go (like Cihar, Kral, Chaloupka).
That is my interpretation of it... but I could be wrong!

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Can’t find any confirmation on those guys.
Cihar confirmed himself he wants to stay and try to get a spot in Extraliga. The rest I have no idea, although neither Kral or Chaloupka are high-end players, so if they got picked, I would assume there had to be some prior communication. Not saying Cihar is a high-end player, but he is definitely a better prospect and one that could possibly be worth the wait even a year from now.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
That's a whole lot of bullshit. From what I recall, the topline after the deadline was pretty much always Klima and Forget, centered by mostly Elie, sometimes Roy...until Klima got hurt. You have Fontaine coming in and Chandler returning plus rookies coming in as well but the rest of the kids you listed played 2nd-4th line below Forget to close out last season.

The way the CHL works is you don't usually lose your spot over the summer for no reason. We'll see where Fontaine is gonna slot in but I doubt the rookies or the guys who were already behind Forget last season are gonna get a head start over him...especially because they're all the same age or older than Forget. Chandler is a very interesting kid but only played 25 games in his rookie season and missed a lot of time due to injury.

Gridin to Shawinigan I think is a rumour and not gonna happen. Even if it does I don't see how Shawinigan could acquire him without letting go Klima...which is something they absolutely shouldn't do. Klima is a quality goal scorer and I think Klima is just scratching the surface of his capabilities. As I said, I'm shocked he didn't get drafted into the NHL after the back half of the season he had.

So yeah. Shawinigan is gonna have a deep team next season but I think you're a fool if you honestly expect kids who played a lesser role (to close out last season) to suddenly get a head start over Forget next season. Of course if he doesn't turn up ready for camp or can't keep up his play then, with so many quality returning players, he's gonna get demoted in no time. It could happen but for now it's not a realistic scenario. The same goes for the Gridin/Klima trade...though it's Shawinigan so you never know.

You may think what you like.

We can revisit this a couple months from now lol. Since I work for a CHL team, I actually have access to ice times and I can tell you that you are so far off it's crazy.

Forget was 12th in average ice time from January 1st to the end of the season.

1. Elie
2. Lacerte
3. Roy
4. Klima
5. Dupuis
6. Bonefon
7. Ethier
8. Baillargeon
9. Courtois
10. Peitzsche
11. Chandler
12. Forget
13. Lachance
14. Yuzik

Find me a top 3 overall pick who did not play top 6 at 16 years old. Lygitsakos will step right ahead. Elie, Lacerte, Klima, Dupuis, Bonefon and Ethier are still there. Peitzcsche and Chandler are better. Lygitsakos, Fontaine and possibly Gridin coming in, no doubt are above him if they're there, not even a question.

Before telling me I'm a fool, at least wait to be in the right. Forget has never established himself in a top role on that team, he was plugged in the top 6 in the playoffs because the team struggled so mightily to score that they tried something different (only 5 goals in 4 games). Even one of the Shawinigan scouts who posts on the french Q forums has him pencilled on the 4th line lol.

Shawinigan can get Gridin come in and play with Klima. They don't need to have their Euro D come in, or he could be traded to Val D'or in the trade if that's going to be a thing.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You may think what you like.

We can revisit this a couple months from now lol. Since I work for a CHL team, I actually have access to ice times and I can tell you that you are so far off it's crazy.

Forget was 12th in average ice time from January 1st to the end of the season.

1. Elie
2. Lacerte
3. Roy
4. Klima
5. Dupuis
6. Bonefon
7. Ethier
8. Baillargeon
9. Courtois
10. Peitzsche
11. Chandler
12. Forget
13. Lachance
14. Yuzik

Find me a top 3 overall pick who did not play top 6 at 16 years old. Lygitsakos will step right ahead. Elie, Lacerte, Klima, Dupuis, Bonefon and Ethier are still there. Peitzcsche and Chandler are better. Lygitsakos, Fontaine and possibly Gridin coming in, no doubt are above him if they're there, not even a question.

Before telling me I'm a fool, at least wait to be in the right. Forget has never established himself in a top role on that team, he was plugged in the top 6 in the playoffs because the team struggled so mightily to score that they tried something different (only 5 goals in 4 games). Even one of the Shawinigan scouts who posts on the french Q forums has him pencilled on the 4th line lol.

Shawinigan can get Gridin come in and play with Klima. They don't need to have their Euro D come in, or he could be traded to Val D'or in the trade if that's going to be a thing.
Now do playoffs. Also, I don't think Forget played PK much so if anything you should do even strength ice time.

Either way, if he does continue to play well then my prediction is that Forget is gonna continue to lock his top6 spot.

Trading for Gridin and wanting to keep Klima wouldn't be a smart idea... I think the prize would be too high. Gridin is gonna be expensive and the more or less random Russian big kid Shawinigan selected can't possibly have any trade value now. Klima does. You want Gridin, you have to part with quality players. Since you can't register more than two imports at once anyway, Klima would be the obvious choice.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Now do playoffs. Also, I don't think Forget played PK much so if anything you should do even strength ice time.

Either way, if he does continue to play well then my prediction is that Forget is gonna continue to lock his top6 spot.

Trading for Gridin and wanting to keep Klima wouldn't be a smart idea... I think the prize would be too high. Gridin is gonna be expensive and the more or less random Russian big kid Shawinigan selected can't possibly have any trade value now. Klima does. You want Gridin, you have to part with quality players. Since you can't register more than two imports at once anyway, Klima would be the obvious choice.

I'm just saying what everybody's been whispering about with regards to Gridin, we'll see what happens there, I don't actually know for certain. What we're hearing is possibly the Euro D plus a first round pick or something along those lines for Gridin, but could be way off too. Maybe that Russian D doesn't even report at all, we've heard that Prishchepov could go to Val D'Or as a 20 year old from Victoriaville, who picked 2 euros to replace him. Then you don't even need to send a Euro in the Gridin trade.

For what it's worth, Forget actually doesn't play on the top 2 PP units but actually does play on the PK, according to his ice time.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Has Veeti Vaisanen indicated whether he plans to play in Medicine Hat or remain in Finland?
No idea.
I'm not Kookoo fan so i don't know nothing about Veeti Väisänen's plans for a season 2024-2025.

He plays where he plays.
That's all what i can say.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $871.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium