Player Discussion Mitch Marner

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
It’s a federal building. That happens to be in Toronto. It’s their property. Montreal is every bit a part of Canada as Toronto/ottawa etc.

Do the sens own parliament hill? If a team ever wins the cup Should Ottawa fans be mad if another team gets invited?
I'll endorse your argument as soon as I see the blue and white in a federal building in Montreal

• Haha
Reactions: HolyCrap and rumman

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Marner is already getting booed.

My wife showed me some social media video (i hate the shit, and am not on anything) of some cottagers boo'ing him while he's out on the boat with his wife.

I'm sure you could find it if you search enough.

Marner pretended he didn't notice but his wife wasn't happy about it.

It has only just begun. When he steps out in public he will be reminded what a bitch he is.

He'll be Gravano'd in no time.

Ironically, the people trying to make a person's life worse over a sport are the true bitches.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Ironically, the people trying to make a person's life worse over a sport are the true bitches.
Cause and effect my friend, cause and effect, but don’t worry, God’s don’t care what mere mortals think……..

information lol.
I read hundreds of books a year, I don’t buy into everything they push, but I usually can gain a snippet or two of good info, even from the worst of the lot, I suggest you follow suit……..

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Cause and effect my friend, cause and effect, but don’t worry, God’s don’t care what mere mortals think……..

I read hundreds of books a year, I don’t buy into everything they push, but I usually can gain a snippet or two of good info, even from the worst of the lot, I suggest you follow suit……..
Oh come on, it’s a short list and I’m not missing anything. I read books that interest me. I don’t watch Fox News either, get it?

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
At least to start the year, should his contract not get resolved, I still think the drum banging intensifies and he’s gone at deadline.

Let’s hope but I feel like it’ll play out like last year with Nylander. They won’t like the offers for him as a pending UFA leading up to the trade deadline then they’ll panic and sign him to a contract on Marner’s term to risk not losing him. $12.5 mill x 8 would not shock me.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

My wife showed me some social media video (i hate the shit, and am not on anything) of some cottagers boo'ing him while he's out on the boat with his wife.

It has only just begun. When he steps out in public he will be reminded what a bitch he is.

This fanbase is so classless sometimes. Leave him and his family alone.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Let’s hope but I feel like it’ll play out like last year with Nylander. They won’t like the offers for him as a pending UFA leading up to the trade deadline then they’ll panic and sign him to a contract on Marner’s term to risk not losing him. $12.5 mill x 8 would not shock me.
This feels way different than Bill, plus we have one more first round exit. If Marner’s team work with the Leafs, they’ll hammer out a deal, otherwise we aren’t letting him walk for nothing.

Reactions: Confucius and Zero1

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Leafs were the lone Canadian team from the Altantic the past three years, where were the blue and white lights then ? :laugh:

In the final?
Really?
Also the PM is a huge habs fan.

What I’m saying is it has nothing to do with Toronto or what we can or cannot do. It’s a federal building not property of Toronto.

I have heard (and I could be wrong) that’s why they don’t ever do alternate jerseys with the tower as the stem.

It’s not owned by Toronto

• Haha
Reactions: HolyCrap

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA

I vehemently dislike Marner and think he’s a total loser on the ice when it counts but boo’ing him when he’s out in public is outright pathetic. You gotta be a real sack of shit to do stuff like that.

You’re right though. It’s only gonna get worse for him and shows that it’s not just the minority or whatever on here that want him gone.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
This fanbase is so classless sometimes. Leave him and his family alone.
It's like everything else, a small vocal group. These are not the people in the building though.

I am not a Marner fan, or at least I was hoping he would waive and we could move him for value.

It didn't happen and now we make the best of it. Mitch can do his part by making the extension easy. He could start the necessary trend here of stars taking less to be here. 8 x $10M sounds right to me. If he wants $12M or a five year deal then he is not helping his PR cause at all and I think that needs some work. He can start changing his own narrative.

If he wants 4 or 5 years times $12M then maybe we do let him walk

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I vehemently dislike Marner and think he’s a total loser on the ice when it counts but boo’ing him when he’s out in public is outright pathetic. You gotta be a real sack of shit to do stuff like that.

You’re right though. It’s only gonna get worse for him and shows that it’s not just the minority or whatever on here that want him gone.
If the mob turns on Mitchie he won’t be able to take it, he’s mentally fragile, where as it wouldn’t bother Nylander in the lest. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing…….

You are "influencing" no one. Give up.
Simple Jack with his simple posts, never gets old………

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
how does re-signing MM guarantee us first rd exists for the life of his deal ? do you actually believe he's the sole reason we've been getting knocked out early every year ?

it's much better to get change from letting JT walk if he doesn't waive his nmc and use his 11m cap hit to significantly change the roster
The closer it gets, the more the wannabe "influencers" ramp it up.

So easy to see.

BYE MITCHY!

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
This feels way different than Bill, plus we have one more first round exit. If Marner’s team work with the Leafs, they’ll hammer out a deal, otherwise we aren’t letting him walk for nothing.
Completely different than Willie. From the start, both sides seem to want to work on a deal, just can’t agree on the price. With MM, it seems like at least one side if not both don’t want to work on a deal.
Utah still got pieces that would interest MM and with that Durzi’s contract, think they will have no problem making MM the highest paid winger in the league.
Keller, Njugstad, 1st and 2nd for MM would be a good deal.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It's like everything else, a small vocal group. These are not the people in the building though.

I am not a Marner fan, or at least I was hoping he would waive and we could move him for value.

It didn't happen and now we make the best of it. Mitch can do his part by making the extension easy. He could start the necessary trend here of stars taking less to be here. 8 x $10M sounds right to me. If he wants $12M or a five year deal then he is not helping his PR cause at all and I think that needs some work. He can start changing his own narrative.

If he wants 4 or 5 years times $12M then maybe we do let him walk
If MM or anyone want to change their narrative, just perform in playoffs and when it matters most.
Don’t be a turtle in elimination games, don’t make careless mistakes in crucial times and score the big goal instead of letting the other team player skate past you in the neutral zone without even a tap or using your body to block his path to make it more difficult.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I don't know how likely this is, but the best thing that could happen now would be for Mitch to sign an eight-year extension for $80M.

If he is wants to be a Leaf (and therefore would waive his NMC) then he can show that for signing up long term for less than he was making before. We give him fill NMC again and if he continues to under deliver come playoffs then we try to trade him in the future. He has more value locked in at that number and he gets to pick his spot. It could be a win/win for this situation, possibly the only one. I don't like the idea of him walking for nothing or playing for a contract this year.

Also, JT should signed a four year extension at $3M per year. He should also offer to give up his C for Matthews (or trade it for an A).

We want a culture change? New GM (last year), new Coach, new Captain, players taking less to be Leafs (or remain Leafs), re-built D, a wave of young players stepping in and contributing on ELCs or second deals, and $9M more to spend next year just because MM and JT took less.

This all starts with Marner being an easy re-sign a year early.
Another obvious "influencer"!

giphy.gif

Reactions: rumman

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
how does re-signing MM guarantee us first rd exists for the life of his deal ? do you actually believe he's the sole reason we've been getting knocked out early every year ?

it's much better to get change from letting JT walk if he doesn't waive his nmc and use his 11m cap hit to significantly change the roster
How's this any different from you pinning literally every problem in this organization on Tavares?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
LOL. This doesn't mean what you think it means. It's not a positive for playing with Marner at all.
The scam is over. Nobody's coming to Toronto on discounts anymore to "play with the stars", they all see it for what it is now.

You sign in Toronto to be the only guy who plays physical, battle in corners, get hit to retrieve pucks etc... Cause the "gods" of the team are too good for any of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad