Player Discussion Mitch Marner

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
its quite baffling really. The absolute trash dubas strategy of having "front" heavy cap structure who continue to be a JOKE in the playoffs doesn't work.

For the "wonder boy" he fails too often and too spectacularly at important events and time.

Just look at the marner failures below.... just a few examples that pissed the F outta me....

Game 7 against habs - offensive zone turnover by marner when game was tied 0-0 (I can list many STUPID plays by marner in the habs series and no not just puck over the glass to give them 5 on 3 i.e. the obvious ones)

Game 6 against bolts in OT (first time around) - stupid pass AND then STUPID DEFENSE (again could list many STUPID plays by marner in the series including Game 7)

Game 2 against Florida Leafs had a 2-0 lead and then Marner being a complete buffoon (at 1:50 mark)

Marner was a f***ing GHOST in that series against Florida

Game 7 against Bruins this year (I could add others from the series where he was complete ASS)

And ofcourse Game 7 OT Marner being a complete ASS

How can we justify the current 11 AAV cap hit of marner with such egrigious plays forget about giving him a raise and locking him long term. JESUS!

People often forget that little things matter in the game and Marner more often than not is a COMPLETE JOKE! 11 AAV is too much for a player like that who continues to make glaring mistakes and at important times; and people are wanting that Leafs re-up this buffoon of a player for 12.5+ AAV on an 8 year term? HELL if that is not enough they effing want 4 forwards on the team with 11AAV+

I mean COME ON!!!

Its the Logo in the front that matters not the name on the back. This dubas philosophy needs to take a HIKE! Its NOT about the core 4 its about the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS! These people need to listen to Tre ;)

B-bu-but I've heard he's an "elite" defensive forward....

• Haha
Reactions: PromisedLand

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
He scored 26 goals this season. And no showed for the playoffs.

View attachment 887706

He's 77th best in my books.

Rantanen and Panarin paid reasonably.

Marner is grossly overpaid vs these comparables.

Marner is 8.5 AAV, max 9.5
Panarin is almost a perfect example of a comparable for Marner, they should be paid very similarly. This season was his outlier season, last year Rangers fans said exactly what you're saying about Marner after Panarin put up two assists in 7 playoff games...Theu wanted him long gone.

This is why we can't have noce things. Every single person in here blaming the entire season on Marner. Such bad takes.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
1719443597521.png

Hard pass.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Panarin is almost a perfect example of a comparable for Marner, they should be paid very similarly. This season was his outlier season, last year Rangers fans said exactly what you're saying about Marner after Panarin put up two assists in 7 playoff games...Theu wanted him long gone.

This is why we can't have noce things. Every single person in here blaming the entire season on Marner. Such bad takes.
Panarin doesn’t play well in the playoffs either

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
How can we justify the current 11 AAV cap hit of marner with such egrigious plays forget about giving him a raise and locking him long term. JESUS!
Mitch is a great regular season passer.
When the play is loose.

When the game steps up Marner WILL NEVER likely have the answer.
But he might, in the right situation, BUT IT WILL NEVER BE ON THE LEAFS.

You know what I didn't hear like I did with Matthews and Nylander contracts from Treliving? "It is our priority to get that contract done! "

Tre.
Picked.
WN88 >>> MM16.

Brad Treliving declines to address any "speculation" on what comes next for Mitch Marner, but said multiple times that "He's a star."
Pumping the trade value. Love it Tre.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Mitch is a great regular season passer.
When the play is loose.

When the game steps up Marner WILL NEVER likely have the answer.
But he might, in the right situation, BUT IT WILL NEVER BE ON THE LEAFS.

Tre.
Picked.
WN88 >>> MM16.

Pumping the trade value. Love it Tre.
Denile isn't a river in Egypt dude.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
its quite baffling really. The absolute trash dubas strategy of having "front" heavy cap structure who continue to be a JOKE in the playoffs doesn't work.

For the "wonder boy" he fails too often and too spectacularly at important events and time.

Just look at the marner failures below.... just a few examples that pissed the F outta me....

Game 7 against habs - offensive zone turnover by marner when game was tied 0-0 (I can list many STUPID plays by marner in the habs series and no not just puck over the glass to give them 5 on 3 i.e. the obvious ones)

Game 6 against bolts in OT (first time around) - stupid pass AND then STUPID DEFENSE (again could list many STUPID plays by marner in the series including Game 7)

Game 2 against Florida Leafs had a 2-0 lead and then Marner being a complete buffoon (at 1:50 mark)

Marner was a f***ing GHOST in that series against Florida

Game 7 against Bruins this year (I could add others from the series where he was complete ASS)

And ofcourse Game 7 OT Marner being a complete ASS

People often forget that little things matter in the game and Marner more often than not is a COMPLETE JOKE! 11 AAV is too much for a player like that who continues to make glaring mistakes and at important times; and people are wanting that Leafs re-up this buffoon of a player for 12.5+ AAV on an 8 year term? HELL if that is not enough they effing want 4 forwards on the team with 11AAV+

I mean COME ON!!!

Its the Logo in the front that matters not the name on the back. This dubas philosophy needs to take a HIKE! Its NOT about the core 4 its about the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS! These people need to listen to Tre ;)

On that Pasta OT winner, it looks like he was shot out of a cannon off the bench. Not. Elite my ass.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Tre said a lot and it really like he didn’t said anything, lol.

As I said earlier, it is very different than last year with AM and Willie, as it was more,both sides wanted to get it done and just need to agree on price.
Where as with MM, it seems like they are just waiting for the best offer and there is literally nothing on JT.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Tre said a lot and it really like he didn’t said anything, lol.

As I said earlier, it is very different than last year with AM and Willie, as it was more,both sides wanted to get it done and just need to agree on price.
Where as with MM, it seems like they are just waiting for the best offer and there is literally nothing on JT.
What is there realistically to say? He's not going anywhere. That's the end of it.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Wingers don't usually follow the opposing winger down low especially when there's a Dman below him.
But they would at least make it a bit more difficult for opposing player to enter the zone, such as a little bump or even be in front of said player.

It was a great play from the Bruins, there is no doubt about that. However, MM who supposed to be this amazing Selke level forward, should had done a little more than just letting opposing player enter the zone untouch, the goal could had been prevented.

What is there realistically to say? He's not going anywhere. That's the end of it.
Like getting an extension, team friendly deal….
But there is nothing, like absolutely nothing. Even medias are not talking about it.

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Wingers don't usually follow the opposing winger down low especially when there's a Dman below him.
Yeah but he did not even look like he had a pulse in OT in game #7. Not even an attempt to slow Pasta down. He's not the only one to fault but not a good look IMO. Would love to get Berube's take on the play.

Reactions: Gabriel426

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
But they would at least make it a bit more difficult for opposing player to enter the zone, such as a little bump or even be in front of said player.

It was a great play from the Bruins, there is no doubt about that. However, MM who supposed to be this amazing Selke level forward, should had done a little more than just letting opposing player enter the zone untouch, the goal could had been prevented.
Disagree. Everyone just trying to heap on Marner. If it was beloved Matthews it wouldn't have been brought up.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad