Player Discussion Mitch Marner

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Yeah we will sure show him who's boss while he cries at home with his hundred million dollars.
1719424794403.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Dog and HolyCrap

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Signing Marner to an extension is 100% the stupidest move they could ever make. Even if they get rid of the NMC, if it doesn't work out the Leafs will end up retaining money, and lots of it.

No thanks.
I didn’t know Craig was a comedian.
Marner taking 11.6 without a NMC.

He must not watch the Leafs or he’s trolling us.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
If our team gets worse by trading Marner, can you explain how it would make sense?

How does cap make us better? Our core has outperformed our depth pretty much every year... we can't find good depth, so how does more money solve this? We've had the cap for it in the past.
This place has deteriorated a lot. When comments like that are made about a future hall of fame player in his prime, the lunatics have taken over the asylum. To boot, they seem to be proud of their ignorance.

• Haha
Reactions: Siidekik

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Button is someone I rarely agree with and he has been pushing the you can't just let a player like Marner leave in a trade or let him walk for nothing...so just pay him....funny he says pay him 11.7 but yea you need really good dmen and a goalie to win. And how are the leafs gonna do that exactly?
In what world is Marner worth more than players who actually drive the bus like Kutch, Pasta, Petey, Kaprizov, Barkov and do not need a 70 goal C to prop up his assist totals? But alas, we caved to Willie and $11.5m so Shanny deserves what he gets.

Reactions: myleafs

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Cap space can cripple your team if used incorrectly...
Holy hyperbole Batman!

I guess this would be an appropriate response:
Marner can cripple your team in the playoffs no matter how you use him. He can, and he will.

This place has deteriorated a lot. When comments like that are made about a future hall of fame player in his prime, the lunatics have taken over the asylum. To boot, they seem to be proud of their ignorance.

This place has deteriorated a lot, agreed. And it deteriorates another notch every time people like you post about how dumb everyone is.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Holy hyperbole Batman!

Marner can cripple your team in the playoffs no matter how you use him.
The first commandment, "Cap space can cripple your team if used incorrectly" in a cap world that Dubas broke time and time again. Sadly Tre does not seem to be doing any better.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Holy hyperbole Batman!

Marner can cripple your team in the playoffs no matter how you use him. He can, and he will.

Huberdeau's contract is a good example of crippling your team with contracts.

For people who complain about the Tavares contract 24/7, you'd think that cap space used in the wrong way would be a familiar concept.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
So if Marner is a Leaf on day one next season, do fans cheer him or boo him?
100% boo.

Huberdeau's contract is a good example of crippling your team with contracts.

For people who complain about the Tavares contract 24/7, you'd think that cap space used in the wrong way would be a familiar concept.
Running back the same shit is worse than trying to make a change.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Running back the same shit is worse than trying to make a change.

I don't care if they trade people, I care if they make trades or signings that make the team significantly worse.

I don't want to be the Leafs of 10 years ago... maybe others are fine with it, but at the very least, watching a regular season that matters and then one round is more enjoyable than not caring by December.

Reactions: ACC1224

mclaren55

Apr 12, 2010
I don't care if they trade people, I care if they make trades or signings that make the team significantly worse.

I don't want to be the Leafs of 10 years ago... maybe others are fine with it, but at the very least, watching a regular season that matters and then one round is more enjoyable than not caring by December.
Marner isn't the difference between what we've seen the past 5 years, and the 2013 leafs. I would be utterly shocked if the team trended lower in any significant fashion after trading Marner.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Pettersson and Marner are very comparable.

Regular season assist darlings.

If given the choice, I'd take Pettersson.

Marner hasn't lived up to his contract, therefore he's due for a cut in pay.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Fans are on polar opposite sides of trade vs extend on a record setting contract. There is no need to insult each other. We're all here daily.

On the other hand, it kind of has it's own charm/character where we're getting reputations amongst ourselves.

It's like we're Ralph Wolf and Frank Sheepdog. We clock in, fight to the death, clock out as enemies and do it again tomorrow knowing we're actually on the same side. It's beautiful really.

1719429064988.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad