Prospect Info: 2024 Draft (1/11): Sam Dickinson (D) | London Knights (OHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
He really does feel like a lead character in a hockey sitcom. Again, really loving this fun cast of guys Grier is getting - Eklund, Dickinson, Celebrini seems like a good kid, etc.
Speaking as someone who attempts to write serious fiction (say that in your best Dr. Frasier Crane voice), some of it hockey-related, I have been made aware of the very popular world...how?...of the hockey romance novel, and just having seen the covers of some of these books in Target, I can't help but think that Dickinson is basically the model antagonist/ultimate love interest in all of these books.
a swoonworthy college romance about an ice skater and the hockey captain she hates as they're forced to share a rink
I mean, you could totally see him f***ing with someone like this ice skater character, even if you haven't read the book, while she's still deeply hot for him and is annoyed because he's actually witty and not nearly as dumb as he's supposed to be.

6BIT3YND2FANDLVRXDHQCTZE2Q.jpg

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Speaking as someone who attempts to write serious fiction (say that in your best Dr. Frasier Crane voice), some of it hockey-related, I have been made aware of the very popular world...how?...of the hockey romance novel, and just having seen the covers of some of these books in Target, I can't help but think that Dickinson is basically the model antagonist/ultimate love interest in all of these books.

I mean, you could totally see him f***ing with someone like this ice skater character, even if you haven't read the book, while she's still deeply hot for him and is annoyed because he's actually witty and not nearly as dumb as he's supposed to be.

Omg what is this why would anyone what

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Just wait until you have your first incidental contact with the wild world of real NHL player slash fiction. That way lies madness.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024

My wife is reading this book right now and says it's terrible. Apparently UCLA has a competitive college hockey program and gives out scholarships for figure skating.

Write what you know.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Therein lies a world in which I refuse to proceed.
I found out by accident on here years ago when someone found a wattpad or similar site's account where someone had made fics about Sharks players. It's so weird. Making it about real people makes it weird.

I wish I could forget. It was like "Joe Thornton is depressed about losing in the playoffs So Nabokov takes him to his cabin out in the wilderness to collect himself and get over it. And also sex."

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
Wouldn’t drafting Buim have been the better move down the line? My understanding is that points garner bigger contracts and since he’s an OFD wouldn’t it have made more sense to have better cap management to have that guy’s rights for longer. Defensive D are basically always cheaper.

My coworker said he’s mad we got Dickinson by trading the Pens pick {Pens fan} so I know Dickinson is supposed to be quite good, so not bothered at all. More so just interested in future cap structure.

• Wow

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Wouldn’t drafting Buim have been the better move down the line? My understanding is that points garner bigger contracts and since he’s an OFD wouldn’t it have made more sense to have better cap management to have that guy’s rights for longer. Defensive D are basically always cheaper.

My coworker said he’s mad we got Dickinson by trading the Pens pick {Pens fan} so I know Dickinson is supposed to be quite good, so not bothered at all. More so just interested in future cap structure.
Uhh.. What? I'm sure they are considering the player and their attributes, not their future point totals and contracts, when drafting a player.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Cas

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Buium is supposed to have the higher offensive game.

rideaucrusher21

Aug 8, 2008
CA
I can see why scouts pushed for Dickinson. This dude’s frame is huge AND he’s one of the best skaters in the draft. That size/speed combo is extremely rare. If he’d chosen football as a sport, he looks the part of a top LB recruit that the Michigans and Alabamas of the world would be drooling over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad