Prospect Info: 2024 Draft (1/11): Sam Dickinson (D) | London Knights (OHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Wonder if Grier is going to pick up a RD in the market?

I think he has to. You can't trot out Benning, Ruuta, and Vlasic as your RD with Ferraro, Walman, and Muk on the left. Barring trades, we don't have help coming from the draft for two to four years either.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Two Minutes For Slashing

s2iNqoRu_400x400.jpg

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
I think he has to. You can't trot out Benning, Ruuta, and Vlasic as your RD with Ferraro, Walman, and Muk on the left. Barring trades, we don't have help coming from the draft for two to four years either.
Unfortunately "you can't" = he definitely could. I'm with you, he should definitely try to add, but there's a chance we add nobody and we basically just swapped Addison with Walman and hope that Emberson and Benning stay healthy.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Unfortunately "you can't" = he definitely could. I'm with you, he should definitely try to add, but there's a chance we add nobody and we basically just swapped Addison with Walman and hope that Emberson and Benning stay healthy.

Probably fair. That in of itself is an improvement, but we seriously need one more, minimum. Though you are right that Grier may try, and ultimately come up short.

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
Uhh.. What? I'm sure they are considering the player and their attributes, not their future point totals and contracts, when drafting a player.
Saying for the first five years wouldn’t it be nice to have a solid OFD through arbitration without having to get one through free agency… makes financial sense for when we are competitive again because OFD’s aren’t cheap on the open market.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Saying for the first five years wouldn’t it be nice to have a solid OFD through arbitration without having to get one through free agency… makes financial sense for when we are competitive again because OFD’s aren’t cheap on the open market.
I don't think that's a point of worry at this moment. They got their guy and that's all that matters (and personally, I'm not complaining). I'm sure they'll be able to add an OFD at some point, be it through draft, trade or FA, if they feel like the team needs one.

Reactions: Chinaski89

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
I don't remember if it has been discussed yet, but Dickinson models his game after Miro Heiskanen!
Even though every prospect models their game with someone that's already in NHL, I believe Sam Dickinson can exceed those expectations. Maybe not a Miro Heiskanen 100% but even if he is close, it will be a giant win!

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Ad

Ad