Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Lol I'm not expecting anything anything good from this organization from this offseason, got a bad feeling.

I'm expecting Marner at $12.916M x 8 to be announced like any day, full NMC of course.
Nah. That’s just a nightmare. Wake up it’s morning.

I think there’s a sign and trade middle ground where he works with Toronto on a new destination, gets the full 8 years and AAV he wants, plus protections the other team is willing to offer. Or maybe through that process realizes $12.5 million isn’t actually on the table for him across the league. Who knows.
It’s not.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Yeah I probably want Marner gone on here more than anybody. But I have a feeling this is all bs. I'll be willing to bet that this is a guy just looking for clicks on the day of game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.

Marner has a no movement clause and he's going to agree to get traded to an expansion team? That doesn't make sense.
Except they’re not an expansion team. They’re a team with a lot of young talent that moved from Phoenix and have something like $40M in cap space. I actually think they have a bright future in a city that will support them properly and they may be one of the few teams who will pay him close to what he wants. I doubt there’s a deal in place already but it’s not as crazy as it sounds.

Nobody is trading Marner before the signing bonus.. Unless it can be written into the deal
This and it can’t.

Reactions: arso40

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Except they’re not an expansion team. They’re a team with a lot of young talent that moved from Phoenix and have something like $40M in cap space. I actually think they have a bright future in a city that will support them properly and they may be one of the few teams who will pay him close to what he wants. I doubt there’s a deal in place already but it’s not as crazy as it sounds.

It can be future considerations and cash
This and it can’t.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Would be amazing to see all the whiny Leaf fans leave, can discuss hockey for once.
The only thing you'll be discussing if Marner stays here is first round exit after first round exit after first round exit for God only knows how long he signs for.

Then let him walk. It’s not for nothing. It’s to build a better team. His $12M will come in handy.
Exactly. This is what a lot of people are not understanding. We won't technically lose him for nothing. We'll have at least 12 million to play with to fix the holes in the rest of the lineup.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

praise-the-lord-z0steatnx84ulzpo.gif

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
The NYR were cold blooded and ruthless forcing players with no trade clauses to waive them. Toronto/Treliving is too corporate and flimsy to do anything like that. Marner isn’t going anywhere folks - sadly. Might as well accept it. I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong but I doubt it.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
So Utah tomorrow?
I’m so confused. When media says it’s true is it false? And when agents and GMs say it’s false, is it true?
Everyone is a truthful liar nowadays.
Leave it to Ferris to leak info to get the spotlight on his client hours before the biggest game of the season.

The NYR were cold blooded and ruthless forcing players with no trade clauses to waive them. Toronto/Treliving is too corporate and flimsy to do anything like that. Marner isn’t going anywhere folks - sadly. Might as well accept it. I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong but I doubt it.
Then MM better start learning from the Hawk Tuah girl to avoid choking again.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
They won’t be able to trade him before July 1st because he’s owed a $7.5M signing bonus on that date which no trade partner will want to pay. It may take beyond July 2nd to finalize a deal where his agent needs to negotiate a long term extension with their trading partner.
Seriously, if you are going to spend $100M, plus a player, maybe a prospect or two, and maybe a pick, is $7.5M in cash (not cap) going to be the deal breaker?

It may well take beyond July 2, but I don't think the bonus will be the reason.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Seriously, if you are going to spend $100M, plus a player, maybe a prospect or two, and maybe a pick, is $7.5M in cash (not cap) going to be the deal breaker?

It may well take beyond July 2, but I don't think the bonus will be the reason.
The thing is you can announce a trade without making it official till July 2 with a mickey mouse excuse like pending medical.

Just look at the Woll deal, he cannot sign an extension till July 1 but his deal been announced.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
The thing is you can announce a trade without making it official till July 2 with a mickey mouse excuse like pending medical.

Just look at the Woll deal, he cannot sign an extension till July 1 but his deal been announced.
I'm not saying it wouldn't be a consideration; just more likely a throw in than a deal breaker.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Exactly. This is what a lot of people are not understanding. We won't technically lose him for nothing. We'll have at least 12 million to play with to fix the holes in the rest of the lineup.
+ some(or all) of the Tavares money.

Reactions: arso40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad