Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The NYR were cold blooded and ruthless forcing players with no trade clauses to waive them. Toronto/Treliving is too corporate and flimsy to do anything like that. Marner isn’t going anywhere folks - sadly. Might as well accept it. I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong but I doubt it.
How did they do that?

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Masai Ujiri also said the Raptors aren't exploring a Derozan trade like 1 day before trading him for Kawhi. Who knows, but this Reinhart guy is putting his career on the line with such a bold claim. Will be hard to be taken seriously as a media member after putting that out there and doubling down on it.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
The NYR were cold blooded and ruthless forcing players with no trade clauses to waive them. Toronto/Treliving is too corporate and flimsy to do anything like that. Marner isn’t going anywhere folks - sadly. Might as well accept it. I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong but I doubt it.
Soft on the ice, soft in the boardroom………

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The thing is you can announce a trade without making it official till July 2 with a mickey mouse excuse like pending medical.

Just look at the Woll deal, he cannot sign an extension till July 1 but his deal been announced.
I believe it has been rumoured/speculated, it is not official.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Pretty good game last night. Started with a super fast, hard hitting pace and kept it up for most of the game. I remember thinking at one point that If Marner was playing in that game, he'd be eaten alive.
We've seen Marner in a series against Florida and it's an awful thing to watch. They literally abused the fact that Marner will not play a dump and chase game by closing him off hard and heavy in the neutral zone. They had a good gameplan like that for McDavid except he just sliced right through them most nights .

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
TRADE MARNER

Just getting in my daily rep, like this savage.

1331660438_bike_wheelie_bench_pressing.gif

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Masai Ujiri also said the Raptors aren't exploring a Derozan trade like 1 day before trading him for Kawhi. Who knows, but this Reinhart guy is putting his career on the line with such a bold claim. Will be hard to be taken seriously as a media member after putting that out there and doubling down on it.
Did Rob Reinhart and the New York Herald float a Derozan rumour ahead of the Kawhi trade?

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Just make this trade on July 2nd and move on. We got Servalli saying leafs are trying hard to move him, and another reporter saying he’s going to Utah. Only guy saying they’re trying to sign him is Darren

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Refs aren't going to decide things in game 7 of the cup final. If that's the case you just gotta fight fire with fire, our core really doesn't do that.
Yeah Edmonton also got away with some stuff earlier I found the leg grab hilarious lol 😆 but yeah our guys don’t have what it takes.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Seriously, if you are going to spend $100M, plus a player, maybe a prospect or two, and maybe a pick, is $7.5M in cash (not cap) going to be the deal breaker?

It may well take beyond July 2, but I don't think the bonus will be the reason.
It likely depends if there's more than one team lining up to trade for Marner (and assuming MM would agree to both )

Reactions: arso40

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
How many wives is Marner getting?
One just needs to look at the quality of NHL players coming from Utah to realize that wives are bad for hockey.
I can't name any player ever who was better after marriage let alone multiple

mclaren55

Apr 12, 2010
One just needs to look at the quality of NHL players coming from Utah to realize that wives are bad for hockey.
I can't name any player ever who was better after marriage let alone multiple
That’s why Jagr was so good for so long.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
It likely depends if there's more than one team lining up to trade for Marner (and assuming MM would agree to both )
Sure - and it might be a factor in which team bids higher, but if the Leafs won't agree to pay it, can you see both teams immediately cancelling all offers?

Reactions: arso40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad