Player Discussion Mitch Marner

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yeah, thanks. they are purposefully trying to put it out of context to spin it into something I didn’t say lol.
At least their trying something new. Nice change from the daily repetition.

Rain stopped, pool is almost overflowing. Time to stop work, grab a beer and run a backwash.
Hopefully there is some fresh material by Monday.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Chief said one of the reasons he came was because of the core. Why would you presume to know better?
I didn't but you already knew that. You change direction so many times and throw in things that have nothing to do with what is being discussed in a thread I can't keep up. Gaslight much?

How it feels to be in a conversation that includes you....

Someone asks is the sky blue, and you answer, well I guess if you had gone to school and got educated like me then you would understand that just because you wear tennis shoes it doesnt make you a tennis player.

Your motives are disingenuous, and it just it ain't my cup of tea. Carry on. I assume a godlike response is on its way.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Why would somebody complain about games 5, 6, and 7 being a small sample size, and then immediately use just game 7 as a rebuttal?

Can you point out where I said it was a small sample size?

I'm asking how much more difficult those games are and the exact measurement.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Can you point out where I said it was a small sample size?

I'm asking how much more difficult those games are and the exact measurement.
Do you seriously think players play games 1 and 2 at the same level they play games 6 and 7 when their backs are up against the wall and it is usually win or go home?

Do you know why Justin Williams is known for ? Hint, not for what he does in games 1 and 2.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Do you seriously think players play games 1 and 2 at the same level they play games 6 and 7?

How much harder are games 6 and 7? I don't know the answer so I am hoping a mind brighter than mine can tell me in a %, how much more difficult games 6 and 7 are than 1 and 2.

Why don't players try to win all the games the same amount? Seems idiotic to wait until your back is against the wall.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Yeah, thanks. they are purposefully trying to put it out of context to spin it into something I didn’t say lol.
There is no spin...you clearly said you have the same expectations for a 1 milly player as you do an 11milly. Then you clarified you dont except when your watching the game and that 1 milly player does something a 1milly player is apt to do.

• Haha
Reactions: bax and HolyCrap

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
At least their trying something new. Nice change from the daily repetition.

Ahem ….

TRADE MARNER

Just getting in my daily rep, like this savage.

1331660438_bike_wheelie_bench_pressing.gif

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Cannot agree more, a bad play is a bad play, it doesn’t matter how much the players make.

Don’t understand why people need to defend a players making a bad play.
Nobodys defending that....saying your expectations are the same for a 1 milly player and an 11 m player is absurd to me. Clearly not to some.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Do you know why Justin Williams is known for ? Hint, not for what he does in games 1 and 2.

Okay, so who is more valuable to his team?

Kucherov vs Williams.

Kucherov has 0 points in game 7s. I keep bringing him up because it is the most obvious example.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
How much harder are games 6 and 7? I don't know the answer so I am hoping a mind brighter than mine can tell me in a %, how much more difficult games 6 and 7 are than 1 and 2.

Why don't players try to win all the games the same amount? Seems idiotic to wait until your back is against the wall.
A poster mentioned it. The games get tougher because teams make adjustments as the series goes on and wear down their opponents. Did you not see a difference between games 1-4 and 5,6 and 7 of the Leafs/Bruins series?

That highlighted would be a good question for somebody that has played the games. Why does Dallas usually lose game 1? Why do the Leafs wait until they are down a few goals to make a push? Why are they known for not starting on time?

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Okay, so who is more valuable to his team?

Kucherov vs Williams.

Kucherov has 0 points in game 7s. I keep bringing him up because it is the most obvious example.
Clearly Kutcherov is the more valuable player. The difference between Kutch and our guys is that Tampa usually win game 7s while our guys lose them. If the Leafs win game #7s, nobody is talking about our guys not showing up in game #7s or Mitch turnovers leading to key goals against. Our guys lose, Kutch and Tampa win cups.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Clearly Kutcherov is the more valuable player. The difference between Kutch and our guys is that Tampa usually win game 7s while our guys lose them. If the Leafs win game #7s, nobody is talking about our guys not showing up in game #7s or Mitch turnovers leading to key goals against. Our guys lose, Kutch and Tampa win cups.

So we just need more depth players stepping up like Kucherov has had?

Reactions: ToneDog

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
We need better depth players. The salaries we've elected to pay our core makes that extremely difficult to acquire. They've also traded a ton of picks over the years, so counting on reinforcements from the farm is rather unlikely as well.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
A poster mentioned it. The games get tougher because teams make adjustments as the series goes on and wear down their opponents. Did you not see a difference between games 1-4 and 5,6 and 7 of the Leafs/Bruins series?

That highlighted would be a good question for somebody that has played the games. Why does Dallas usually lose game 1? Why do the Leafs wait until they are down a few goals to make a push? Why are they known for not starting on time?
Bertuzzi's constant chasing of Marchand in games 1-4 put us down 3-1 and when he stopped being a <self-censored> and left him alone we got back into the series, but, in game 7 he just couldnt help himself, and it cost us 1 goal, then skated off while his man scored the OT winner

bad coaching! ...I expect very different starts to our games this season. ...if not, then nuke the team.

Reactions: ACC1224 and ToneDog

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
We need better depth players. The salaries we've elected to pay our core makes that extremely difficult to acquire. They've also traded a ton of picks over the years, so counting on reinforcements from the farm is rather unlikely as well.

We finally have ELCs who can contribute. That is false.

One of the biggest issues from the Hunter drafts is that we never had ELCs ready to contribute outside of the top 10 picks he made.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I know Nick Paul scored both goals against the Leafs in game #7. Gourde scored the only goal in game #7 against the Isles. We are seeing the depth players scoring in the SCF. Our bottom 6 has pretty much been non existent since Dubas took over.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
We finally have ELCs who can contribute. That is false.

One of the biggest issues from the Hunter drafts is that we never had ELCs ready to contribute outside of the top 10 picks he made.
Knies is the only player projected to make the team next season on an ELC.

Our 3rd line didn't contribute a single goal in the series vs Boston. We need better depth players, period.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I know Nick Paul scored both goals against the Leafs in game #7. Gourde scored the only goal in game #7 against the Isles. We are seeing the depth players scoring in the SCF. Our bottom 6 has pretty much been non existent since Dubas took over.
when your bottom is PKers and goons yea, they arent gonna score. the best teams have their best players on the PK and the 3rd and 4th liners are able to chip in offense, because they arent one-dimensional defense only players

Our 3rd line didn't contribute a single goal in the series vs Boston. We need better depth players, period.
Knies, Minten and Cowen are actually projected, and maybe Grebenkin and Weber too, Quillan may get a look too, but, no idea what type of contract he has

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
when your bottom is PKers and goons yea, they arent gonna score. the best teams have their best players on the PK and the 3rd and 4th liners are able to chip in offense, because they arent one-dimensional defense only players

Knies, Minten and Cowen are actually projected, and maybe Grebenkin and Weber too
Totally forgot about Weber. Cowan could definitely make it, but i think he'd be better served with another developmental year. Minten is a long-shot to me. AHL bound.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Mind sharing the projections?

If there are spots, I can see other players making it.

Depth scoring has been an issue for all years, including this year, no denying that.

Edmonton seems to be the only team that can outscore their depth-scoring issues.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I didn't but you already knew that. You change direction so many times and throw in things that have nothing to do with what is being discussed in a thread I can't keep up. Gaslight much?

How it feels to be in a conversation that includes you....

Someone asks is the sky blue, and you answer, well I guess if you had gone to school and got educated like me then you would understand that just because you wear tennis shoes it doesnt make you a tennis player.

Your motives are disingenuous, and it just it ain't my cup of tea. Carry on. I assume a godlike response is on its way.
I have no idea what you just went on about. A conversation is 2 way. Just because I have not yet capitulation to your point, doesnt mean that the conversation is being derailed. The crap that goes around in circles here is breathtaking. You are all drinking everyone else's bath water yet cannot consider that there are people who actually run the team that have different views than your own.
Carry on elsewhere if you have nothing else.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Oh yes, not being a coddled millenial means one is violent. What an idiotic thing to say.
I asked if his response would be tears, or violence. He said no to tears, but didn't say anything about violence which implies that violence may indeed be his response.

You should try understand what it is your responding to before posting something idiotic while calling someone else an idiot.

And Hyman had a much more impactful regular season than Marner did this past season. Everybody says McDavid makes him but guess who goes in the corner and gets the puck to McDavid and Draisaitl.
Yeah the idea that Hyman does nothing more than tap in passes from McDavid is obviously ridiculous.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad