Player Discussion Mitch Marner

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Lol this guys still going at it
1000020726.png

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Rob "The Lion heart" Reinhart still has it baby!
He MUST be getting enough cash or something from someone telling to leak this...to tank his cred.. just the clicks isn't enough ... I mean... Even with someone that's ok with marner being gone for a good trade, this no namer seems to be fighting a fight for this....

Reactions: Kazparov

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
He MUST be getting enough cash or something from someone telling to leak this...to tank his cred.. just the clicks isn't enough ... I mean... Even with someone that's ok with marner being gone for a good trade, this no namer seems to be fighting a fight for this....
Well remember that Morasi or something with the Othani last fall

Reactions: Metroid

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Lol this guys still going at it
View attachment 887010

Eklund's other account.

Eklund does that all the time. He literally makes shit up yet some morons still pay to read his site, and for some reason he was long protected as a source here.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Probably not. Leafs want him gone they will pay the bonus for sure.
Yes, they likely will, but that wasn't the point. The post that I was responding to said the Leafs would HAVE to pay it, or they couldn't trade him.

If the deal is an extended Marner ($12.5Mx8) for a quality player + a prospect + a 2nd, I don't think either team will let a mere $7M ruin it.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Can the leafs pay the bonus early, if it helps facilitate a trade? Would rest of the nhl cry that it's not fair? Or is it technically illegal?

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Yes, they likely will, but that wasn't the point. The post that I was responding to said the Leafs would HAVE to pay it, or they couldn't trade him.

If the deal is an extended Marner ($12.5Mx8) for a quality player + a prospect + a 2nd, I don't think either team will let a mere $7M ruin it.
Oh ya, gotcha and totally agree

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Can the leafs pay the bonus early, if it helps facilitate a trade? Would rest of the nhl cry that it's not fair? Or is it technically illegal?
They have to go by whatever is written in the deal.

Maybe the Leafs should negotiate to pay bonuses before July 1 for the last year or two of future deals like this. Cap hits wouldn't be affected, and the player would get the money sooner. They should hire me as a negotiator.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Can someone explain who this rob reinhart is? It says he works for the daily herald? Which I don’t think exists.

If he works in media. Why would he burn himself like this?

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
the guy is
Rob Reinhart? Wasn’t he Meathead on All in the Family?

No wait, my bad, that was Rob Reiner. The guy with actual talent.
Different meathead

the guy is
Rob Reinhart? Wasn’t he Meathead on All in the Family?

No wait, my bad, that was Rob Reiner. The guy with actual talent.
Different meathead

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Refs aren't going to decide things in game 7 of the cup final. If that's the case you just gotta fight fire with fire, our core really doesn't do that.
Actively putting the whistles away and refusing to make penalty calls IS IMPACTING AND DECIDING THE GAME.

This is such a tired argument, hockey is the only sport where this happens. It’s also the only sport about to be eclipsed by a second rate soccer league.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Actively putting the whistles away and refusing to make penalty calls IS IMPACTING AND DECIDING THE GAME.

This is such a tired argument, hockey is the only sport where this happens.

No it isn't. Shit, it isn't even close to being the only one. The refs decide what to call in football and basketball every game. When was the last time you saw an NBA ref call a player for palming the ball?

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Eklund's other account.

Eklund does that all the time. He literally makes shit up yet some morons still pay to read his site, and for some reason he was long protected as a source here.
Used to frustrate me.

There used to be a member on this board that called himself an insider and some board members would send out a request to him for rumors. For some reason that was allowed to go on far too long too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad