Mitch Marner Vs Brady Tkachuk for the future

Which player do you take for the future?

• Neutral fan take Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 155 51.3%
  • Neutral fan take Mitch Marner

Votes: 61 20.2%
  • Ottawa fan take Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 41 13.6%
  • Ottawa fan take Mitch Marner

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Toronto fan take Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Toronto fan take Mitch Marner

Votes: 21 7.0%

• Total voters

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Mitch Marner for points, and he will generate offence, but I think a lot of people also value, a guy that is much bigger toughter and can also put up points despite, clearly Tkachuk is not as good as Marner offensively, people will rather him, plus hes 3 years younger.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Mitch Marner for points, and he will generate offence, but I think a lot of people also value, a guy that is much bigger toughter and can also put up points despite, clearly Tkachuk is not as good as Marner offensively, people will rather him, plus hes 3 years younger.
If marner is clearly better at offense, and marner is clearly better at defense, then marner is clearly better at hockey

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Marner is the better player, so there's no reason not to take him if you can get them on equal salaries and cap hits.
How much do Marner's points fall if they were straight up traded for 1 another ? Brady is clearly better and younger and plays the kind of game you need to go deep in the playoffs.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
How much do Marner's points fall if they were straight up traded for 1 another ? Brady is clearly better and younger and plays the kind of game you need to go deep in the playoffs.
Considering Brady Tkachuk has gotten nearly 2 hours more time on the power play over the last 2 years compared to marner, I'd expect marner's point totals to go up.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Considering Brady Tkachuk has gotten nearly 2 hours more time on the power play over the last 2 years compared to marner, I'd expect marner's point totals to go up.
I think being glued to Matthews for 82 games more than makes up for that. Playing with the best goal scorer in the game helps his assist totals.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
GIANT sized LOL to Marner when we all know the truth without Brady having played a game yet in playoffs.

Give me a beak if you are going to war and you choose robin over Batman.

there is something to be said about actually getting into the war though.

ironically Ottawa is a better bet to make the playoffs with Marner over Brady the last few years

and Toronto more likely to get further in the playoffs with Brady instead of Marner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad