Mitch Marner Vs Brady Tkachuk for the future

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which player do you take for the future?

• Neutral fan take Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 129 50.0%
  • Neutral fan take Mitch Marner

Votes: 52 20.2%
  • Ottawa fan take Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • Ottawa fan take Mitch Marner

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Toronto fan take Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 19 7.4%
  • Toronto fan take Mitch Marner

Votes: 21 8.1%

• Total voters

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I thought it was pretty safe to guess he was talking to the guy he was looking at who was actively whining but I guess to each his own.
If I remember correctly the exact words were, “stop crying this isn’t junior” Then Marner got all upset and threw his gloves.

Reactions: Bileur

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Say what you want about how soft Marner gets come playoff time, but hes clearly better than Tkachuk. Hes better defensively and has played over a 100 point pace over the last 4 seasons and is being compared to a guy who had 74 points last year.

A team like the Leafs might prefer Tkachuk, but thats only because they need a drastic shake up after years of playoff disappointment and they have all kinds of offence already. 90% of gms would take Marner, because he is the betterv player.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Suprised mitch is losing here , he's the better player , boy is he about to put up a monster season and get paid too , I love it

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
Tkachuk isn't lacking in the puck skills department, and definitely has the better shot over Marner. Tkachuk should hit 40 goals this year.

Tkachuk is actually a very underrated passer and is typically the guy setting up his teammates on his line with Stutzle and Giroux. Sure, Tkachuk might not have the "dipsy-doodles" that Marner demonstrates, but I find those are more flash than actual results with Marner, and he routinely flubs them when it comes to actually burying the puck. Tkachuk isn't lacking in the ability to deke someone out of their joke strap either mind you.

Marner plays an extra two minutes per game over Tkachuk, which definitely helps with Marner's point totals. All the while too Marner has been playing on a (much) stronger team over the course of their respective careers, so I'm not putting that much weight into the discrepancy between their point totals, at least, over the last couple of years.

Is Marner more creative? Sure, but I don't know how much it actually benefits his effectiveness. It sure feels like he is a little TOO creative out there half the time, and that it impacts his chemistry with his linemates.
Brady had 74 points this year, Marner was on pace for 100. Marner had 69 points in his second year in the league on a crappy team playing with Kadri and jvr. Marner is clearly significantly better offensively and has much better vision and creativity than Brady, that should be obvious to anyone who's watched them both.

That being said, as a Leafs fan I would definitely trade Marner for Brady.

Reactions: Bileur and Voight

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Brady had 74 points this year, Marner was on pace for 100. Marner had 69 points in his second year in the league on a crappy team playing with Kadri and jvr. Marner is clearly significantly better offensively and has much better vision and creativity than Brady, that should be obvious to anyone who's watched them both.

That being said, as a Leafs fan I would definitely trade Marner for Brady.
If the Sens gameplan was "get the puck to Brady", he'd put up a ton more points. Even Matthews is the one following the puck behind the net and fighting board battles to get Marner the puck. It's insanity.

Good for Marner that he is better offensively (I disagree, because his muffin of a shot limits his offensive effectiveness to mostly setting up other players) and has better vision and creativity (I agree with this), but the sheer fact that he has to be propped up by his entire team to be effective makes him a worse player.

Last edited:

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
If the Sens gameplan was "get the puck to Brady", he'd put up a ton more points. Even Matthews is the one following the puck behind the net and fighting board battles to get Marner the puck. It's insanity.

Good for Marner that he is better offensively (I disagree, because his muffin of a shot limits his offensive effectiveness to mostly setting up other players) and has better vision and creativity (I agree with this), but the sheer fact that he has to be propped up by his entire team to be effective makes him a much worse player.
Much worse? That's a little much.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Marner is a key player in the Leafs being a perennial playoff club and Cup contender. He’s a 100 point Selke level guy.
Brady Tkatchuk is a good player but he’s not accomplished what Marner has when it comes to winning.
Imo if these two players swapped clubs the Sens would be better and the Leafs would be worse.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
There is no shot the Leafs make that trade because there is no shot the Leafs would ever trade Matthews for Stutzle.

Matthews had 1 fewer goal than Stutzle had TOTAL POINTS last year.

In fact let's take it a step further.

Matthews had 69 goals last year Tim Stutzle has 91 for his ENTIRE CAREER.

That means That Auston Matthews scored just under 76% of Tim Stutzle total career goals in ONE season.

No there is no shot they make the above trade.

Maybe I wasn't clear but I was talking about they would trade Marner for Tkachuk without even thinking.

and lol at the goals comparison. Matthews is the best goal scorer of his generation, Stutzle is a playmaker who was injured and couldn't even shoot last season where he started it as a 21 y//o... Of course his "ENTIRE CAREER" isn't much so far

At that age, Matthews had 111 goals, which is 20 more goals than Stutzle so far in his "ENTIRE CAREER"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad