Mitch Marner Vs Brady Tkachuk for the future

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which player do you take for the future?

• Neutral fan take Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 99 48.3%
  • Neutral fan take Mitch Marner

Votes: 45 22.0%
  • Ottawa fan take Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • Ottawa fan take Mitch Marner

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Toronto fan take Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • Toronto fan take Mitch Marner

Votes: 20 9.8%

• Total voters

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He wasn't, it was Matthews. They had a play set up for the struggling PP and Nylander didn't follow the script so Matthews let him know about it.
Matthews wasn't born a pro, of course he played minor hockey, just not CHL.

It's ok if you don't believe it.
Why would Matthews and Nylander be arguing when they were the two carrying the Leafs. Nylander, especially was very good. Marner was the one of the three who greatly struggled.
Marner was the target of Matthews and Nylander’s comments there. Not too sure what you're basing your opinion on?

Reactions: Bileur

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It's been 6 years with Brady. Shouldn't he have made the playoffs at least once in that time? He's not good enough to make the playoffs but somehow will be a difference maker if he ever makes it.
I’m wondering if Brady gets a bit of a bump from fans in what he can accomplish as a player from being the younger brother of a guy who is a winner?

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Marner is the better player , the playoff argument is moot since Brady has never played a playoff game in his life

I’m wondering if Brady gets a bit of a bump from fans in what he can accomplish as a player from being the younger brother of a guy who is a winner?
Brady also *seems* like a guy who will play hard and good in the playoffs from his regular season play. That said it would be unfair to say he is a playoff guy without actually seeing it

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Why would Matthews and Nylander be arguing when they were the two carrying the Leafs. Nylander, especially was very good. Marner was the one of the three who greatly struggled.
Marner was the target of Matthews and Nylander’s comments there. Not too sure what you're basing your opinion on?
It had to do with an isolated play, not the overall series.
I'm basing it on what I know, like I said you don't have to believe it.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with Marner >> Tkachuk

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It had to do with an isolated play, not the overall series.
I'm basing it on what I know, like I said you don't have to believe it.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with Marner >> Tkachuk
Imo this certainly has to do with MM v BT. Character is why some prefer BT. So examples of questioning character would be relevant.
And I prefer MM over BT. Imo Marner is a key reason why the Leafs are a lock for the playoffs all the time he’s been on the team.
It’s the character in the playoffs where people question him.

Reactions: Bileur

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Ya it was Marner, then right after had a tantrum and threw his stick, if I recall.

Reactions: Bileur and Fatass

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Shall we bump the Stutzle vs Matthews poll from last year to show how meaningless this is?

Curious to see how it goes this season, let's not forget the 5 M$ in difference (Matthews makes 59% more money)

It easily could go differently from last season making Leafs fans silly like in 2022-23 when Stu was 20 y/o on his ELC lol

Clubs top minute guys (leaders) are why they make or miss the playoffs. The fact is Marner is a key player in helping the Leafs make the playoffs consistently. Brady Tkatchuk isn’t doing that for the Sens. Got to go with the guy who can do that.

This is just stupid at this point. Hockey isn't basketball

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Ya it was Marner, then right after had a tantrum and threw his stick, if I recall.
That’s how I remember that scene too. Marner was getting it from both sides and then had a bit of a tantrum.
Imo it’s fans question if Marner’s character (playoffs mostly) why they prefer Brady Tkatchuk. And this scene was one of those questionable character moments.
If we were just looking at regular season play then Marner is ahead of BT.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Curious to see how it goes this season, let's not forget the 5 M$ in difference (Matthews makes 59% more money)

It easily could go differently from last season making Leafs fans silly like in 2022-23 when Stu was 20 y/o on his ELC lol

This is just stupid at this point. Hockey isn't basketball
Has Brady Tkatchuk played in the playoffs? Imo he gets a bump in how good he is because of his brothers success. We connect the two and assume Brady will accomplish similar things. The fact is Brady hasn’t pushed his team into the playoffs. Matthew has done that a lot. Brady isn’t his brother.

Reactions: Voight

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

Stutzle can't hold Matthews jock and it is an embarrassing opinion people still try and pretend 5M means anything in this context. That's a 2nd pairing D or 2nd line winger money. You are basically saying you take an average #1 center + an average role player over the best goalscorer in the league (who also finsished 2nd for the Selke). Embarrassing opinion.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Haha the 5 million difference is back!!!! I haven't seen that one in a while :laugh::laugh:
True enough. If a guy (Marner is this thread) consistently is a key player in his club being in the playoffs and a contender then the amount his contract is more than a guy who is never in the playoffs is meaningless. Clubs want the playoffs. Marner helps the Leafs, every season, get there. Brady T hasn’t.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Or maybe fans aren't hockey illiterate and see a players style and know when it will be effective.

For all you know Tkachuk is the worst playoff performer in the entire league
If you have never watched a minute of hockey of your life that's a viable argument.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Or maybe fans aren't hockey illiterate and see a players style and know when it will be effective.

If you have never watched a minute of hockey of your life that's a viable argument.
You caught me I’ve never watched a minute of hockey in my life. As someone who has, can you enlighten me on why we should assume Brady will be a good playoff performer?

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Hfboards are notoriously very wrong in polls regarding maple leaf players as well as Marner specifically

To the point where you will get infractions for reminding the unwashed masses about the (now closed … interesting) Matthews vs Stutzle WITH CONTRACTS! Poll

These threads are always great for entertainment and handing out L’s

Also, poll is misleading. There is no such thing as a ‘neutral’ fan when the leafs are involved. It’s either leaf fan voting or leaf hater voting

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Has Brady Tkatchuk played in the playoffs?

Look, I am answering the question of this poll which is "Which player do you take for the future?"

The poll isn't about who played the most games in the playoffs. You wouldn't even need a poll for that as it's a simple quantitative fact.

The problem with the world today is how EASILY people get distracted from anything. Too much technology, too many social medias, everything is getting so difficult, people are even struggling to do their jobs.

I don't need to see Brady in the playoffs to answer this poll. As I said in post #45, I take Tkachuk for these reasons : age, contract status, cost, type of player, physical frame, goal scoring ability, intimidation factor, etc.

Marner is an elite playmaker who racks up a lot of assists on the PP but 9 ES Points difference in 2 seasons makes it a very easy choice for me.

You want to make an argument because Marner impresses you in the playoffs? Go ahead, I am not going to change my choice.

Stutzle can't hold Matthews jock and it is an embarrassing opinion people still try and pretend 5M means anything in this context. That's a 2nd pairing D or 2nd line winger money. You are basically saying you take an average #1 center + an average role player over the best goalscorer in the league (who also finsished 2nd for the Selke). Embarrassing opinion.

If he can't, why was he able to OUTSCORE Matthews in his 20 y/o season while still on his ELC? 39 goals and 90 points that season. Matthews had 34 goals and 63 points when he was 20

There was a big difference between the 2 last season but it might not be the case every season, and if that happens, some of you will look extremely stupid.

The fact that some posters categorically REFUSE to take the 5 M$ difference in consideration when a LOT of polls ask to take contracts in consideration reveals us 2 possibilities about these posters :

1) not the smartest peanut in the turd

2) extremely biased

Choose the hat that fits.

Haha the 5 million difference is back!!!! I haven't seen that one in a while :laugh::laugh:

See just above.

Next poll, Caufield + 5M or Matthews :sarcasm:

I wonder if Habs fans would take Suzuki + Slafkovský or Matthews + Kampf ?

Last edited:
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Shall we bump the Stutzle vs Matthews poll from last year to show how meaningless this is?

The hilarious thing is, if you combine both these polls (and we really should, just to show how embarassing hfboards posters are) hfboards would rather have Stutzle and Brady over Matthews and marner

Unbelievably stupid and any GM making that trade would be rightly out of the league within hours

Also, yes we should bump it. Unfortunately it’s locked. Can we petition to have it reopened? It’s my favorite thread on the whole site

Hfboards would have also taken svechnikov over Marner according to Hfboards poll results

Reactions: HockeyVirus

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019
You caught me I’ve never watched a minute of hockey in my life. As someone who has, can you enlighten me on why we should assume Brady will be a good playoff performer?
His brother wasn't very good in the playoffs until the last year or 2 and his dad wasn't great at all. If it's in the genes then sure, he will be amazing.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
That’s good. You have a guy who predictably abandons his team and for almost twice as much money.

If Hfboards was correct, and Stutzle > Matthews and Brady > Marner …. Why don’t the results bare that out?

Toronto’s duo is far and away crushing Ottawa’s duo in both individual and team accomplishments.

Where is the evidence to support Hfboards on this?

Strangle

May 4, 2009
You’re just explaining why Marner is a paper tiger. No one cares if he scores more because, in the end, everyone knows it doesn’t matter.

The guy seriously gets devoured by the biggest moments. When it really matters he looks like the size of a 13 year old out there.

Brady has never even been able to make it to a big moment in his entire career

Tantrum?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If you cant figure it out on your own from watching him and hockey in general i doubt a a few sentences or a book will be able to enlighten you.

Brady has never even been able to make it to a big moment in his entire career

Tantrum?

So I guess every hockey player in the NHL that didnt make the playoffs last year all suck too then. Great logic.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If Hfboards was correct, and Stutzle > Matthews and Brady > Marner …. Why don’t the results bare that out?

Toronto’s duo is far and away crushing Ottawa’s duo in both individual and team accomplishments.

Where is the evidence to support Hfboards on this?
Incapable of actually using context. That thread was from 2 years ago when Stutzle had a better 20 year old season than matthews. In the context that at a significantly lower dollar amount would result in a better value player if he continued his same development curve. No one is saying Stutzle is better than Matthews. Disingenuous comment at the very least. Secondly if were going on team success to measure a players value how on earth would Matthews be considered a top 5 player in hockey. He clearly is but by your own criteria he is a phony.

Are you ignoring the comment I was responding to? Great job, buddy.

Explain to me how Hfboards ‘would rather’ have Brady and Stutzle than Matthews and Marner (supported by poll results) but Ottawa has both of those players and the team f***ing sucks.

Explain that ‘logic’ to me, because it doesn’t make any sense

Read the thread you bag of dust.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad