Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
His buddy francis has already responded with double deflection. No worries, man, we all see the numbers, it’s just that there are some luddites/marnerites who ignore them on purpose cause there are no arguments against them.

What numbers are you even talking about? My conversation with Antropovsky has nothing to do with Hellcat and Antropovsky’s conversation. If Antropovsky posted a stats post, that was directed to hellcat in their 1 on 1 conversation. Hop off my nuts man. I’m not sure why you’re including me in their argument.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
What numbers are you even talking about? My conversation with Antropovsky has nothing to do with Hellcat and Antropovsky’s conversation. If Antropovsky posted a stats post, that was directed to hellcat in their 1 on 1 conversation. Hop off my nuts man. I’m not sure why you’re including me in their argument.
@Hellcat It starts... posters want to dissociate from you.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
@Hellcat It starts... posters want to dissociate from you.

Come on let’s not start that stuff.

Let’s just be respectful. It’s not even about sides.

I’m just saying I’m randomly getting thrown into a discussion and getting attacked for no reason. That was a one on one discussion between you and him not sure why I’m all of a sudden being thrown into it. That’s all.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Mark Rowe basically just put him on the spot and Montour just threw up a bunch of athlete cliches about agents and considering this and that. But of course we all have to feel rejected about something even though we got his teammate OEL.
Yeah, he had talk with the Leafs among other teams.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Fuel for the Fire. .. Matthews and Keller are close friends dating back to their days together in the US Development program. Matthews and Keller are spending time together this summer doesn't necessarily mean anything in terms of an imminent trade. Matthews and Keller have long been close, and often train together in the summers.

Auston Matthews’ recent posts on social media lead to crazy speculation!​

Hinting at a wild move in Toronto?

With all the trade rumours swirling around in Toronto, it was no surprise when a new speculation was added to the mix. Thanks to Maple Leafs star forward Auston Matthews, who got fans reacting to his recent post on social media in which the superstar shared a picture linking him to former Arizona Coyotes now Utah Hockey Club forward Clayton Keller.

In the Instagram story from Matthews’ account, that was shared all over the place on X, the Leafs’ forward’s dog is having a play date with Keller’s pup. Which means the two players are hanging and fans quickly went back to a previous rumour that once linked Keller to a possible trade to Toronto.

View attachment 896223A
:laugh::laugh::laugh:Matthews’ dog would be on a “play date”

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
*our best performing depth player had 47 pts per 82 playing little to no PP time on unit 2, and playing a chunk of the year on L3 with knies, jarnkrok, McMann etc

Domi should be a 55-70 point forward if he were to get proper usage and PP time.

We should hope Berube splits the units or drops JT off of unit 1 and brings Domi up there.

Domi also had 4 pts in 7 games in the playoffs same as bertuzzi

Mitchell Marner with 3 in 7
Tavares with 2 in 7
Rielly with 3 in 7

Looks like the core was pretty poor once again
You left off the two best:

Matthews with 4 in 5
Nylander with 3 in 4

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
*our best performing depth player had 47 pts per 82 playing little to no PP time on unit 2, and playing a chunk of the year on L3 with knies, jarnkrok, McMann etc

Domi should be a 55-70 point forward if he were to get proper usage and PP time.

We should hope Berube splits the units or drops JT off of unit 1 and brings Domi up there.

Domi also had 4 pts in 7 games in the playoffs same as bertuzzi

Mitchell Marner with 3 in 7
Tavares with 2 in 7
Rielly with 3 in 7

Looks like the core was pretty poor once again
Here are some fantastic playoff stats:

5v5 shots on g/60:
#1) Nylander 14.75
#2) Matthews 13.15
#4) Domi 10.22
#8) Tavares 6.67
#13 (of 19) Marner 4.81

Individual high danger scoring chances:

1) Domi: 5.41
2) Nylander: 5.2
3) Matthews: 4.11
4) Bertuzzi: 4.0
4) Knies: 3.81
5) Robertson: 3.65
7) Reeves: 3.05
8) Tavares: 3 0
9) Holmberg: 2.64
10) Jarnkrok: 1.71
11) Kampf: 1.54
12) Marner: 1.2
13) Dewar: 0.99

... yup, 11 million Marner less dangerous than Kampf and barely more dangerous than Dewar. Not bad pay for a 4th liner impact. @Hellcat looks like Marner is comparable to Matthews and Nylander.

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
Here are some fantastic playoff stats:

5v5 shots on g/60:
#1) Nylander 14.75
#2) Matthews 13.15
#4) Domi 10.22
#8) Tavares 6.67
#13 (of 19) Marner 4.81

Individual high danger scoring chances:

1) Domi: 5.41
2) Nylander: 5.2
3) Matthews: 4.11
4) Bertuzzi: 4.0
4) Knies: 3.81
5) Robertson: 3.65
7) Reeves: 3.05
8) Tavares: 3 0
9) Holmberg: 2.64
10) Jarnkrok: 1.71
11) Kampf: 1.54
12) Marner: 1.2
13) Dewar: 0.99

... yup, 11 million Marner less dangerous than Kampf and barely more dangerous than Dewar. Not bad pay for a 4th liner impact. @Hellcat looks like Marner is comparable to Matthews and Nylander.

I'm afraid to get in on this but we know he isn't a shooter. Can you show that same metric for the regular season when we know he is more effective.
I feel like you could actually be representing his drop off if that stat comparison shows it.
Also, that is career playoff right?
Also also, not sure about your conclusion that he is therefore more dangerous than only Dewar but I'm curious if its a good indication that he's definitively less effective come playoff time.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I'm afraid to get in on this but we know he isn't a shooter. Can you show that same metric for the regular season when we know he is more effective.
I feel like you could actually be representing his drop off if that stat comparison shows it.
Also, that is career playoff right?
Also also, not sure about your conclusion that he is therefore more dangerous than only Dewar but I'm curious if its a good indication that he's definitively less effective come playoff time.
If he worked on his shot I think he’d be less easy to defend and be more effective in the playoffs.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
If he worked on his shot I think he’d be less easy to defend and be more effective in the playoffs.
That’s similar to if Tavares worked on his skating he’d be faster. By adulthood you are what you are, you can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear type of thing. Or if guys just worked on shooting they all could be Mathews, easy just work more.

Just practice and you too can develop a 95 mile an hour shot.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Come on let’s not start that stuff.

Let’s just be respectful. It’s not even about sides.

I’m just saying I’m randomly getting thrown into a discussion and getting attacked for no reason. That was a one on one discussion between you and him not sure why I’m all of a sudden being thrown into it. That’s all.
Agreed. It’s good to have differing opinions on players, this place would be useless otherwise. But let’s keep the personal attacks and insults out of it. We are here to make fun of Marners teeth and small triceps

Reactions: francis246

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That’s similar to if Tavares worked on his skating he’d be faster. By adulthood you are what you are, you can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear type of thing. Or if guys just worked on shooting they all could be Mathews, easy just work more.

Just practice and you too can develop a 95 mile an hour shot.
It's always been a dumb sentiment thinking that professional athletes don't work on things and train during the off season.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
q
It's always been a dumb sentiment thinking that professional athletes don't work on things and train during the off season.
probably shot a half million pucks from the age of 4 to today. Shooting 10 thousand more over a summer at age 27 isn’t going to do squat, other than maintaining what you have.

Reactions: Da Mash and ACC1224

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Marner should go to the USA and a tax free state and ask for $9.5 mil per to match Kucherov and Tkachuk and other top RW in the game.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Marner should go to the USA and a tax free state and ask for $9.5 mil per to match Kucherov and Tkachuk and other top RW in the game.
That's a next off season topic. He's still signed for one more season.

Curious if any of the 190 who voted he'd be moved during this off season would like to change their vote?

Reactions: Confucius

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Curious if any of the 190 who voted he'd be moved during this off season would like to change their vote?
People that thought Marner would work with management co-operatively together on a solution who want to move on from him and Core 4, while he was given a NMC by a fired GM to allow him to defy ownership and management wishes was likely more hopeful wishing then realistic thinking.

Most people in life would not want to be where they're not wanted particularly in a business.

Other teams are watching so not sure if Marner's defiance is helping or hurting him in the future. If he doesn't resign with TO and simply heads to free agency next year this will be a black mark against him and his character and might impact his options available and his remuneration. He is already carrying the reputation as a one who struggles in physical playoff series so this will be a second strike against him.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
People that thought Marner would work with management co-operatively together on a solution who want to move on from him and Core 4, while he was given a NMC by a fired GM to allow him to defy ownership and management wishes was likely more hopeful wishing then realistic thinking.

Most people in life would not want to be where they're not wanted particularly in a business.

Other teams are watching so not sure if Marner's defiance is helping or hurting him in the future. If he doesn't resign with TO and simply heads to free agency next year this will be a black mark against him and his character and might impact his options available and his remuneration. He is already carrying the reputation as a one who struggles in physical playoff series so this will be a second strike against him.
:laugh: good one

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa

I mean, sure, but I don't see what the point is. You phrased the question as "will he be moved?" which is looking more and more unlikely, while the actual conversation is "do you want him moved?", which hasn't changed at all.

An, "I told you so" in this thread doesn't mean anything, because the fact that he hasn't moved just tells me that management has no balls. Someone who wants Marner kept will have an entirely different take-away, probably something like "yay, management is smart for keeping a good player". If anyone wants to pat themselves on the back for reading the tea-leaves properly then by all means, fill your boots, but predicting that properly isn't going to effect anything in this thread.

Although based on the current thread title, "it's all his fault", I'm perfectly happy leaving my vote in the "yes" column, regardless of whatever words come after it. Trade him for a bag of pucks if that's what it takes, it's time for both the team and player to go their separate ways. This is a break-up, it's just not working out.

Reactions: myleafs

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
xr

Management had months to figure out a solution, their solution was trying to move Nylander.

You have weird obsessions about the former GM when the current GM had options and chose not to use them.

You might need to start hating on Brad since your praise for him is not based on facts.

Your last paragraph is not accurate and is based solely on your delusion and nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad