Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Pens just added a guy who specializes in the sort of hockey that makes Pitt collapse.

Considering how many players go to Pitt and take a turn for the scummy its gonna be interesting to see how it plays out.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Richards to LA for Lecavalier? ;)

I'd rather have Vinny. He has a cheaper caphit, shorter term, & wouldn't come with any cap penalties if the contract isn't finished.

No sane GM should want Richards & his contract right now unless the Kings add in a major sweetner to the deal.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Colin Greening on waivers yesterday, he was one player I specifically picked out in a trade scenario for Vinny L. Don't think that really has a chance still but anything can happen in the off season.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I do think Vinny might be movable after his bonus has been paid this summer. Once a contract gets down to 3 years left it's a lot less scary to take on. I think Richards might have been claimed by a team like Buffalo if his deal only had three years left instead of five.

I'll be surprised if any of the 10+ year contracts signed before the new CBA end well. It's just such a long time in a sport where one unlucky injury can ruin a player's effectiveness.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Just coming to post about Buffalo and maybe how they could be a landing spot for inny since they had a lot of discussions internally about Richards.

http://www.nicholsonhockey.com/wort...-lot-of-internal-discussion-on-kings-richards

On if Mike Richards, who was waived by the Los Angeles Kings, is a player he considered bringing in:

“On waivers? No. No.”

Murray then discusses the difficultly of adding players via waivers because of the limit on the amount of contracts per team, along with cap considerations. He also notes how you’ll sometimes see players clear waivers, and then get traded days later.

On if Richards is something you have to think about, or if it, ‘No, can’t do it’:

“No, you think about it. Certainly. He’s right in my wheelhouse for... scouting. For being on the roar. For looking at players. That’s a 2003 draft. In my opinion, the best draft that I’ve been involved in.

“Mike Richards is a – and I don’t know if I’m allowed to comment, but he was on waivers, so I’ll comment. And I’ll saying nothing but nice about him. World juniors. Two Stanley Cups. I mean, that’s my heyday of amateur scouting. I loved him. I mean, who didn’t love him?

“So yeah – you see that, you have a lot of internal discussion. You’d have to discuss his contract. Obviously. You have to discuss term and money. But, I mean, you know me. Scouting is what it’s about. And a player like that is what scouting was about.

“Lots of conversation and yeah, a lot of internal discussion on a player like that that was on waivers. No question.”

Vinny showing McDavid the ropes could be beneficial to both parties. A man can dream.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Vinny with McDavid would be a pretty cool story in Buffalo.

But an even better one here, hehe.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Cal Clutterbuck has become the 4th player to be fined by the NHL for diving. He's being fined for the dive he took against us on the 19th in which Vorabeast was assessed a hooking minor. Islanders went on to score during that powerplay. A whopping $2,000 fine

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Murray's a big fan of scouting...so he's a big fan of Mike Richards?

That's all I got, I think.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Will a Devils SO win be good enough? Lol.

tdrBo.gif

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
And yet Pens fans don't believe us when we say we showed the league the blueprint on how to beat them....get them emotionally engaged.

its not that. its really a lack of talent overall imo. They have two great forwards A great puck moving dman and a bunch of overrated fluff all over. I think there top 6 is good but not neccessarily better than chicago's or LA, and those other two teams are far superior everywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad