Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part VII: The Not-So Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
If they do it right, a Malkin trade will fix their problems. He's basically a rebuild in a can. Though with his constant injury problems and postseason meltdowns, Crosby could be on the board as well.

Yea you could get a star fwd dman prospect and two firsts for him. I'm surprised the pens haven't done it yet to be honest

Clown Baby*

Yea you could get a star fwd dman prospect and two firsts for him. I'm surprised the pens haven't done it yet to be honest
If there was ever a time to do it, it was when they still had Staal. Now's not the time.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Bob Cole has absolutely butchered everyone's name tonight. He was supposed to retire after the 2004 World Cup; why in the world is he still commentating? I try to tune him out (watching games on mute sucks), but I end up yelling at my tv when he gets names wrong... I can't help it. :laugh:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Bob Cole has absolutely butchered everyone's name tonight. He was supposed to retire after the 2004 World Cup; why in the world is he still commentating? I try to tune him out (watching games on mute sucks), but I end up yelling at my tv when he gets names wrong... I can't help it. :laugh:

Whenever I think of Bob Cole, I think of this horrible breakdown of a Simmonds fight.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002

I've been calling for his retirement since 1985. He absolutely stinks, and now he's senile too. Seabrook is amazing, though, since he's playing for both teams.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
The beauty of it is that Jagr hooked Malkin on the GWG, but they could not call it having just let Crosby get away with taking a sleigh ride with Marchand as Rudolf....

Also nice to see the cheapshotter Orpik get creamed, then let his man score the OT goal.

It really wasn't even that bad of a hook, they were battling along the boards at center ice in 2OT and Jagr's stick crossed Malkin's body for a half-second. Not to mention Malkin took a blatant slash at Jagr after he lost the puck... just sayin.

If it led directly to a breakaway, i would understand Pitt being pissed more. But it didn't lead to anything spectacular... just a 2 on 2 (with a Penguin coming into the mix on the backcheck, so really like a 2 on 2.5ish).

What WAS spectacular was Marchard making a perfect pass while he was well-covered, and Bergeron outmaneuvering Orpik -- who was right with him -- to put the puck home.

I understand the overall frustration at the lack consistent refereeing, but to for Pitt to expect that call to be handed to them away from home and in 2OT, when the refs were "letting them play" is being unreasonable.

Just my 2 cents from a Bruins fan :yo:. I'm getting a kick out of how many fans who otherwise hate the Bruins LOVING this series simply because of how much more they hate the entitled pansies that are the Penguins!!!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't like the King's ability to come back in this one. They needed the sweep at home badly.

Horrible road team, Richards has still not practiced since the Bolland hit, & Penner might be getting a call from Shanny for an elbow to Bolland. That would be another tough blow to that top 6.

Chicago might wrap this up Saturday.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It would be great if both series wrapped up by Sunday and the Finals started on the 12th.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

What's everybody's thoughts on this elbow by Penner last night? He's not facing any discipline for this. I'm a little surprised by it. It's the second elbow to the head (Bourque on Conacher) that went unpunished by Shanny this playoffs.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.

What's everybody's thoughts on this elbow by Penner last night? He's not facing any discipline for this. I'm a little surprised by it. It's the second elbow to the head (Bourque on Conacher) that went unpunished by Shanny this playoffs.

I am not all about throwing the hammer down but I just wish he'd be consistent. If you're gonna try to eliminate headshots, eliminate them in any form they come in!

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I don't much care for LA and consider Chicago the lesser of two evils but DO NOT understand why LA played such a bad 3rd period in such a pivotal game?? Yeah Chicago tightened thing up but it seemed to me it was more LA not doing what they could do than Chicago neutralizing them....not sure..just my take.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I am not all about throwing the hammer down but I just wish he'd be consistent. If you're gonna try to eliminate headshots, eliminate them in any form they come in!

Yeah I'm not about suspending guys. I actually disagreed with the Gryba and Torres suspensions but I think this at least warrants a phone call or something. Shanny is consistent at making everyone have no clue what is suspension worthy or not.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I don't much care for LA and consider Chicago the lesser of two evils but DO NOT understand why LA played such a bad 3rd period in such a pivotal game?? Yeah Chicago tightened thing up but it seemed to me it was more LA not doing what they could do than Chicago neutralizing them....not sure..just my take.

Most of the Kings look tired and/or broken. Two tough, physical series for the Kings preceded the series against the Hawks. The Hawks had more in their collective tanks in the second half of the game; the Kings looked totally gassed by the tempo of the first 30 minutes.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Most of the Kings look tired and/or broken. Two tough, physical series for the Kings preceded the series against the Hawks. The Hawks had more in their collective tanks in the second half of the game; the Kings looked totally gassed by the tempo of the first 30 minutes.

Yeah they definitely looked gassed. They couldn't win faceoffs, establish a forecheck...I mean they looked no bueno.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Yeah I'm not about suspending guys. I actually disagreed with the Gryba and Torres suspensions but I think this at least warrants a phone call or something. Shanny is consistent at making everyone have no clue what is suspension worthy or not.

Gryba's was a joke, I can see people going crazy over Torres but I don't think it was bad, just a reputation call. Keith however I think deserved it. That's not a hockey play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad