Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part VII: The Not-So Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
My god could you imagine the outrage from the Pens fan base if Malkin walks in his UFA year and he signs here. I wonder how our fan base would react as well. It would certainly be an interesting situation.

I would love Malkin here. I have no qualms with Malkin. Crosby, as good as he is, I am not sure I could root for him. Malkin I could though.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Having Malkin in Philly would at least stop him elbowing our players in the head.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
chosewisely_zpsf748024d.gif

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
Gretzky was traded, anyone can be traded.

To be fair Kane & Toews are shooting at real NHL playoff goalies and not MFL anymore.

Rolex

Jan 25, 2005
While I think Pittsburgh would get a good haul for Malkin, they would never get his exact value.
I would venture that there is going to be some deep soul searching in Pittsburgh early next weekend and then there is going to be some careers getting burned. Shero and Bylsma both have to be called into question. The deadline acquisitions haven't offered much and cost them some talent. The coaching has been sad. When the Penguins aren't being gifted a train load of PPs, they lose. They also have to deal with the mess in goal. Vokoun is no long range answer and they may well have destroyed Fleury.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I would venture that there is going to be some deep soul searching in Pittsburgh early next weekend and then there is going to be some careers getting burned. Shero and Bylsma both have to be called into question. The deadline acquisitions haven't offered much and cost them some talent. The coaching has been sad. When the Penguins aren't being gifted a train load of PPs, they lose. They also have to deal with the mess in goal. Vokoun is no long range answer and they may well have destroyed Fleury.

Yeah a shakeup might happen this summer but they did say the same thing last year and nothing really happened. They moved Staal but that was more of because he didn't want to be there anymore.

In the end I think they fire DB and put all the blame on him. Next year will be the last year they'll have Crosby, Malkin, & Letang all the together more than likely. I would guess it comes down to Malkin or Letang getting moved if they wanted a shakeup this summer.

I'm not so sure if Shero has it in him to pull off trading Malkin.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Last year they addressed their lack of wingers and G, but did nothing to really address their defensive play.

Yeah but we heard the same song last year when we were beating them. A lot of people we claiming "heads were going to roll" during that offseason. Other than some depth moves nothing drastic happened. Staal got moved but that was more on him than them wanting a change.

I'd be interested if Shero and Co. have the ****s to pull off the big move this summer.

I for one wouldn't mind someone else taking the spotlight off Homer this summer.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

HEY, maybe we can ship Bryz off to them,..

hahaha, oh man that would be EPIC.:laugh

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah but we heard the same song last year when we were beating them. A lot of people we claiming "heads were going to roll" during that offseason. Other than some depth moves nothing drastic happened. Staal got moved but that was more on him than them wanting a change.

I'd be interested if Shero and Co. have the ****s to pull off the big move this summer.

I for one wouldn't mind someone else taking the spotlight off Homer this summer.

If they do it right, a Malkin trade will fix their problems. He's basically a rebuild in a can. Though with his constant injury problems and postseason meltdowns, Crosby could be on the board as well.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
If they do it right, a Malkin trade will fix their problems. He's basically a rebuild in a can. Though with his constant injury problems and postseason meltdowns, Crosby could be on the board as well.

I don't see pitt getting rid of either one. Maybe entertain the Idea but Can't see it happening.

Only one they would maybe deal is Malkin.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I don't see Crosby on the table. I think it comes down to Malkin or Letang if they go that route. Hell they might just trade both and follow Homer's blueprint in trying to get young players who are close to cracking the roster and expanding the window while Crosby's still there.

While it might seem crazy to trade both Malkin and Letang, it could possibly fix a lot of their problems and add some young depth.

I can't see them moving Crosby just off the marketability and all that stuff. I also don't see Shero blowing up like that esspecially with Crosby's possible health issues. He's not the river boat gambler like Homer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad