Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCIV: From Ghost to Hakstol and all things in between

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

When all is said and done, who is going to win the Stanley Cup in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Hak has the three biggest things he didn’t have here:

- goaltending
- veteran experience from actually useful players
- inability to falsely identify bad depth players as good because they aren’t available to him
bingo, i dont know why fans are having a hard time grasping this because we can easily be one those teams instead of trying to be bad to get this player or that player and it does nothing. like the simple thing to do is get playoff depth players on reasonable contracts that will buy in and we dont have to worry about making the playoffs and winning more rounds than colorado, edmonton, and toronto.

for some reason they would rather be here than be them.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hak has the three biggest things he didn’t have here:

- goaltending
- veteran experience from actually useful players
- inability to falsely identify bad depth players as good because they aren’t available to him

He had 1 and 2, definitely never 3.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
bingo, i dont know why fans are having a hard time grasping this because we can easily be one those teams instead of trying to be bad to get this player or that player and it does nothing. like the simple thing to do is get playoff depth players on reasonable contracts that will buy in and we dont have to worry about making the playoffs and winning more rounds than colorado, edmonton, and toronto.

No we cannot easily be one of those teams. We can't magically transform piles of shit into decent and good players. Especially when the entire organizational mindset is that it is good they are piles of shit because they have to try harder.

They also don't have to try to be bad. They are terrible without trying.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Aside from Edmonton, the first round couldn't have broken much better for me. One of the Rags/Debs was going to advance anyway. I'd still prefer the Debs but I don't want either to get past the next round so it's six of one there.

As long as NJ/NY and Edmonton lose I'm good with whoever winning, I guess Toronto and Canes would be the preference though.
Credit to Seattle winning but this wasn’t last years Avs. No Landeskog, no viable 2nd line, a worse starting goalie than last year and coming off a late season injury I doubt Makar was anywhere near 100%.

Seattle is a good team and they play hard but I don’t think they get past Edmonton.

I see Dallas vs Edmonton in the West and Carolina vs Toronto in the East. In the final, I have Dallas over Carolina with Oettinger winning the Smythe.
Seattle plays Dallas. Edmonton loses to Vegas.

Reactions: BiggE

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Aside from Edmonton, the first round couldn't have broken much better for me. One of the Rags/Debs was going to advance anyway. I'd still prefer the Debs but I don't want either to get past the next round so it's six of one there.

As long as NJ/NY and Edmonton lose I'm good with whoever winning, I guess Toronto and Canes would be the preference though.

Seattle plays Dallas. Edmonton loses to Vegas.
Lol, i should never post before coffee and weed. But I still think it’s Dallas over Carolina in the final.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Credit to Seattle winning but this wasn’t last years Avs. No Landeskog, no viable 2nd line, a worse starting goalie than last year and coming off a late season injury I doubt Makar was anywhere near 100%.

Seattle is a good team and they play hard but I don’t think they get past Edmonton.

I see Dallas vs Edmonton in the West and Carolina vs Toronto in the East. In the final, I have Dallas over Carolina with Oettinger winning the Smythe.
I think Dallas over Toronto. I don't think Carolina will make it past either of NY or NJ but I'd like to be wrong (well, I don't care if they lose to New Jersey honestly, I like Hughes and Vitek even if he's been yanked already).

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Seeing people bury Newhook in Trade boards....wasn't he untouchable in the Giroux trade rumors?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

There's a balance, Flyers need to build up organizational depth and accumulate assets.
They don't necessarily need to tank for five years, but they need a lot more talent than they have now, and then you can focus on short-term moves to be more competitive.

But they're three years away from that point.

Well, maybe we are better off with the 2024 pick and Tippett than FLA's 2023 pick and Newhook?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

See, this guy knows what's what.

Reactions: VladDrag

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
All I’d like is to see a SCF game 7 OT. I wonder how many people alive have ever seen one

It would be nice to see Toronto lose in some type of heartbreaking or fashion that enrages the fans, like blowing a big lead or a blown call that leads to a huge goal. I can see the 5 part thread even now. I don’t have anything against Leaf players but since they are a large fanbase they have more obnoxious fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad