Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCIII: Spring has Sprung

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which Team's Post-Season Bandwagon are You Joining? (79+ points listed as of March 29)

• Boston

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Carolina

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • New Jersey

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Vegas

• NY Rangers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toronto

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Los Angeles

• Minnesota

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Colorado

• Dallas

• Tampa Bay

• Seattle

• NY Islanders

• Winnipeg

• Calgary

• Nashville

• Pittsburgh

• Florida

• None, the Flyers aren't in it

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • A team not listed should they make the post-season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I kept being told that Ghost producing in Arizona didn't count because they were bad and anyone can produce on a bad team. Currently sits at 7 points in 14 games with Carolina. Still producing. Now I suppose I'll be told points produced in Carolina don't count because they are good and anyone can produce on a good team.
He’s also playing quite a bit less time per game than he did in Arizona. Down 5:21 at all strengths and his scoring rate has actually gone up.

1.75 points per 60, which is 3rd best in his career, after his rookie year and 2017-2018.

Guess he’s not toast after all.

Also…

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I’m more into who I don’t want to win it this season. The Leafs because that would make their fans more insufferable; the Rags because they’re the Rags; the Penguins because they’re @$$holes. After that I couldn’t care less. Canes or Bruins winning is fine with me.

Reactions: macleish1974

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I don't want to see the Pens or the Rangers win, and to a lesser extent Seattle or Boston win. Other than that, I really don't care who wins; playoff hockey is just so much fun to watch.

Reactions: Cody Webster

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I am shocking myself in thinking that it wouldn't be horrible for Toronto to at least have some playoff success. I will probably slip back into anyone-but-Toronto when I watch a playoff game and listen to the home-team play-by-play.
As soon as they win a playoff series they will declare themselves favorites to win the Cup, and as soon as they win a Cup, they'll be talking about a start of a dynasty.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
As soon as they win a playoff series they will declare themselves favorites to win the Cup, and as soon as they win a Cup, they'll be talking about a start of a dynasty.
Oh, I know. At the same time, I begrudgingly accept the point someone (apologies, I'm old and forget everything!) made on here that a highly skilled team having success is good for the league. Tolerance of Toronto navel-gazing for the greater good.

Reactions: TCTC

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Carolina but the Svenchikov injury has me doubtful. Between that & the Pacioretty injuries have lightened the load offensively upfront for them imo. Gonna need a guy like Jarvis (& some others obviously) to step up.

Rod has the wisdom to let his guys play the way they're best at, but I'm not sure if he's on that Cooper/Sullivan/Trotz level where injuries are irrelevant and he can use what he has to patch those gaps without missing a beat. I guess we will see.

Also, goaltending needs to not poop its pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad