NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Could you imagine how much better off we'd be with Ghost, a #1, 2 #2s, and a #7 (and Hoggle) than Risto? Fletcher should have been fired the day he proposed that horseshit two-step.
Not much point obsessing over Holmgren, Hextall, Fletcher (and Clarke) at this point.

This group, for better or worse, is a clean break.
Scott was a finance guy, who I think was focused on attendance (revenues), and wasn't willing to mandate a rebuild.

Hilferty I think is a fan first, and doesn't seem to feel pressure to fill seats in the short-run.

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Not much point obsessing over Holmgren, Hextall, Fletcher (and Clarke) at this point.

Scott was a finance guy, who I think was focused on attendance (revenues), and wasn't willing to mandate a rebuild.

Hilferty I think is a fan first, and doesn't seem to feel pressure to fill seats in the short-run.

I would have sworn there was a saying of some sort about failing to learn from history...

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

This group is made entirely from members of the last group. It is as far opposite of a clean break as it gets.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Speaking of nashville, fat schenn played his 1000th game last night. I thought after he signed with yotes he would be out of the league by the time his contract expires.
The Schenns were guaranteed to be 1,000 game playing, Stanley Cup Champions as soon as the Flyers kicked them out the door.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

Good lord. The new CO-GM was the prior GM's assistant.

You really have no idea what Scott or Hilferty are focused on. Just offering your take to fit your narrative,

They can rebuild any time they want. They choose not to. Not hard to figure out. Just another middle of the road plan that will lead to nowhere. Where they come January and near the deadline will dictate what they do.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Good lord. The new CO-GM was the prior GM's assistant.

You really have no idea what Scott or Hilferty are focused on. Just offering your take to fit your narrative,

They can rebuild any time they want. They choose not to. Not hard to figure out. Just another middle of the road plan that will lead to nowhere. Where they come January and near the deadline will dictate what they do.
Briere was there for one season as an "observer," put there by Comcast, not chosen by Fletcher.

Scott was the CFO of Comcast, this was a favor by Roberts as a retirement perk.
Hilferty is an acknowledged fan who loves the game and understood patching wasn't getting them anywhere.

What you call "rebuild" is tanking.
They've accumulated (6) 1sts and (6) 2nds over 3 years.
They're one of the youngest teams in the NHL before the 2025 draft.
Wheeler had their farm system rated #6 in January.
That IS rebuilding.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Briere was there for one season as an "observer," put there by Comcast, not chosen by Fletcher.

Scott was the CFO of Comcast, this was a favor by Roberts as a retirement perk.
Hilferty is an acknowledged fan who loves the game and understood patching wasn't getting them anywhere.

What you call "rebuild" is tanking.
They've accumulated (6) 1sts and (6) 2nds over 3 years.
They're one of the youngest teams in the NHL before the 2025 draft.
Wheeler had their farm system rated #6 in January.
That IS rebuilding.
Danny is not a clean break. No matter how you try to spin it. The bold cracks me up. They are still "patching". "hilf" knows jack shit about hockey. He is a fn nerd.

Never said rebuilding is tanking. Ever.
Stop pushing one of the youngest teams in the NHL BS. That matters little. Who were the 3 youngest team in the NHL the last 4 years?

Could care less where their farm team is ranked. It is highly skewed by MM. Take him out it is nothing special at all.

Rebuilding teams do no give long term deals to Seeler and GH. They move out non-core vets when they have value. They don't play 37 year old dman 12 minutes a night. Rebuilding teams looks to acquire NHL ready players who fit in the timeline.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Danny is not a clean break. No matter how you try to spin it. The bold cracks me up. They are still "patching". "hilf" knows jack shit about hockey. He is a fn nerd.

Never said rebuilding is tanking. Ever.
Stop pushing one of the youngest teams in the NHL BS. That matters little. Who were the 3 youngest team in the NHL the last 4 years?

Could care less where their farm team is ranked. It is highly skewed by MM. Take him out it is nothing special at all.

Rebuilding teams do no give long term deals to Seeler and GH. They move out non-core vets when they have value. They don't play 37 year old dman 12 minutes a night. Rebuilding teams looks to acquire NHL ready players who fit in the timeline.
Every top ranked farm system is highly skewed by one or two top prospects.

Without Michkov they still have a deep system, which means they won't have to patch the bottom of the roster like Toronto and Colorado do every season.

Briere wasn't in the Flyers organization until last season, he was with Maine in the ECHL.
He played for 6 different teams, most of his NHL career was with other teams.

"Rebuilding teams do not give long term deals to Seeler and GH."
Oh really? Take a look at the Blackhawks' roster! They're not rebuilding?
Both of these deals are low cost, which means they can be dealt down the line or buried in the AHL.

Johnson is only playing due to Seeler's injury. Deslauriers hasn't gotten into a game. Laughton's on the 4th line.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Every top ranked farm system is highly skewed by one or two top prospects.

Without Michkov they still have a deep system, which means they won't have to patch the bottom of the roster like Toronto and Colorado do every season.

Briere wasn't in the Flyers organization until last season, he was with Maine in the ECHL.
He played for 6 different teams, most of his NHL career was with other teams.

"Rebuilding teams do not give long term deals to Seeler and GH."
Oh really? Take a look at the Blackhawks' roster! They're not rebuilding?
Both of these deals are low cost, which means they can be dealt down the line or buried in the AHL.

Johnson is only playing due to Seeler's injury. Deslauriers hasn't gotten into a game. Laughton's on the 4th line.
The Flyers prospect pool is nothing special. You know this yet continue to say otherwise. Why?

Yeah, they won't have to patch the bottom like the Avs or the Leafs. Do you hear yourself talk? Every year you have players the Flyers drafted in bottom line roles yet every year that never comes to fruition. Why?

Do not care about the Black Hawks as we are talking about the Flyers are we not? Deflecting. Yeah, they can be dealt with down the line is your usual lame answer.

Is this incorrect? So, you are wrong about Briere.
After his retirement, Brière remained involved in the Flyers organization. In June 2017, it was announced that he had been appointed to run the day-to-day operations of the upcoming Maine Mariners that had been purchased by the Flyers' owners Comcast Spectacor and moved to Portland, Maine, to begin play in 2018–19.[33] Partway through the 2021–22 season, Brière was named the special assistant to the general manager for the Flyers.[34] On March 10, 2023, the Flyers named Brière interim general manager,[35] later promoting him to permanent general manager on May 11.

There is zero reason for EJ to be paying at this time. it is ok to admit it and say the Flyers are making a mistake. Didn't mention ND there is that deflecting again to validate your defense of the Flyers. Laughton 4th line making 3 million is great value for anon playoff team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad