NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
First powerplay unit, though. And Rod tends to roll his defense pairs pretty evenly. He'll probably only average a couple fewer even strength minutes per game than Orlov.
I'm aware. ;) Carolina's defense is well-balanced and I like Chatfield, who is the only one who hasn't been consistent in his career to date.

Ghost is definitely the third choice on LD so far at even strength, though.

Jarry pulled after 3 goals on 5 shots. Ouch.

• Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm aware. ;) Carolina's defense is well-balanced and I like Chatfield, who is the only one who hasn't been consistent in his career to date.

Ghost is definitely the third choice on LD so far at even strength, though.

Jarry pulled after 3 goals on 5 shots. Ouch.
72% O-zone starts, Walker 65% (HR).
Highly sheltered.
Which is how they should be used, play to their strengths.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Colorado looks like dookie to start. 10 shots thru 2.

Didn't realize St. Ivany got a look for the Pens last season.

I've watched a couple Pens games so far this year and I don't see an NHL player here...
He got pretty good reviews from Pens fans late last season and in camp. Dubas even gave him a 3 year deal this summer. He was always going to be a fringe guy, but it's still a bit puzzling a team that drools over Hunter McDonald didn't even offer him a contract.

• Wow
Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Exactly what should happen for Andrae instead of playing Johnson.
It's hard for the Flyers to shelter a D-man with Seeler out.

Andrae - Drysdale or Zamula - Drysdale would make me very nervous.
Andrae replacing Zamula on the 3rd pair is more viable.

Not that Johnson is very good playing LHD, but at least he can give Drysdale some guidance on the ice - with the other two it's "the blind leading the blind."

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
It's hard for the Flyers to shelter a D-man with Seeler out.

Andrae - Drysdale or Zamula - Drysdale would make me very nervous.
Andrae replacing Zamula on the 3rd pair is more viable.

Not that Johnson is very good playing LHD, but at least he can give Drysdale some guidance on the ice - with the other two it's "the blind leading the blind."

Fine, I'll compromise with you. Scratch Laughton or Poehling (preferably Poehling).
11F 7D

Bottom line, Andrae earned a look, especially over an expired Johnson moving to LD.

Realistically Andrae-Risto would be fine for one game. I think you might underestimate Zamula - Drysdale pairing in a "sheltered role".

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
I would take almost any configuration over Zamula-Risto. Those skillsets just do not stack. It's a disservice to both of them.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I would take almost any configuration over Zamula-Risto. Those skillsets just do not stack. It's a disservice to both of them.
They were fine last season.

Zamula is decent on the PP, but he's really regressed this year at ES, he lacks speed but is a smooth skater and should be good at D-zone exit passes. But he's been brain dead, and despite adding strength, is easily rag dolled along the boards.

Risto is fine, if Zamula doesn't get his head out of his butt, I'd put Andrae in for a few games.

But there is also the Michkov factor, Zamula has been his translator and probably doing a lot to help him acclimate. Which may buy Zamula a longer rope this season - next season however . . .

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
They were fine last season.

Zamula is decent on the PP, but he's really regressed this year at ES, he lacks speed but is a smooth skater and should be good at D-zone exit passes. But he's been brain dead, and despite adding strength, is easily rag dolled along the boards.

Risto is fine, if Zamula doesn't get his head out of his butt, I'd put Andrae in for a few games.

But there is also the Michkov factor, Zamula has been his translator and probably doing a lot to help him acclimate. Which may buy Zamula a longer rope this season - next season however . . .
The Zamula/MM factor is blown so out of proportion. Zamula is in the lineup for 1 reason only. The coach likes him and is playing him almost 20 minutes a night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad