NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jeannot scores to make it 7-7. Ottawa has 4 power play goals. Kings have 22 shots

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Frost for Zach attack. Who says no ?

The contrarians on this board say a lot of brain rotted things, but acting like it was a valid argument that MacEwen could be better than Frost offensively was top tier.

Casey and Hutson balling :nod:

Relevant on two fronts.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
  • Wow
Reactions: Magua

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Allowed them to swing on Silayev. Imagine if he hits too :laugh:.

I don’t think either of us cared much for him, right?

Tbh the Devils did the thing I was talking about in taking Silayev over Buium. I think they skewed fit. I called it at the pick they’d take Dickinson or Silayev. It also goes back to taking Nemec over Cooley, where they at least selected their idea of BPA, even if the position wasn’t ideal. I think it made them shy about doing it again, however.

But they still have Luke Hughes (arguably a better prospect than Buium), and we’ll both be dead before the Flyers have a defender of that skill level.

Konecny has seriously leveled up the last two years. Giroux never played with this version. I would ritualistically sacrifice you to Chuck E. Cheese to watch Giroux play with current Konecny and Frost and Michkov.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I don’t think either of us cared much for him, right?
Nah, but I thought his ceiling was high as a modern defensive dman though. He just felt really raw.

Tbh the Devils did the thing I was talking about in taking Silayev over Buium. I think they skewed fit. I called it at the pick they’d take Dickinson or Silayev. It also goes back to taking Nemec over Cooley, where they at least selected their idea of BPA, even if the position wasn’t ideal. I think it made them shy about doing it again, however.
Forgot they took him over Dickinson and Buium tbh :facepalm:. I erased that whole round from my mind.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Isn't Norris that one player who tracking insanely well at young age before he got some awful injury? Kinda like Verheaghe kind of impact out of nowhere?
Yeah he had a 35-goal season in 2022, then played 8 games in year 1 of his big deal and only 50 last year

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Konecny has seriously leveled up the last two years. Giroux never played with this version. I would ritualistically sacrifice you to Chuck E. Cheese to watch Giroux play with current Konecny and Frost and Michkov.
Find me in the ball pit and you’re not walking out in one piece.

Jokes on you, goal didn't count
Well obviously, since no PP points actually count

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Forgot they took him over Dickinson and Buium tbh :facepalm:. I erased that whole round from my mind.

If the Satanists had Luke Hughes and Buium, just trade anyone else for value/fit, if need be. That would be the most unfair twosome for a decade+. I told Jersey to trade Holtz 3-4 years ago, but they didn’t listen! I’d have done the same with Nemec in the next 12-24 months.

Or the Devils could’ve taken Luchanko and traded the inferior version in Hischier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad