NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
I have a friend Sabres fan and am not sure what to say anymore. So many years of rebuild and it's still doesn't look good. Every year (alongside Detroit) they are put in the list of will-break-through-finally teams and...

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
There is something seriously wrong there, they have way too much talent to be this bad.

Yeah, the GM has made some horrendous NHL decisions. But it's 3 games where they're generating a shitload of threat and just not capitalizing. Stop me if you've heard this PDO song and dance before.

BUF

BUF

Now maybe they fall apart. But they've started the year pretty well. Thompson looks back on track. Benson had one major mistake, but looks dynamic and has excellent underlyings.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Yeah, the GM has made some horrendous NHL decisions. But it's 3 games where they're generating a shitload of threat and just not capitalizing. Stop me if you've heard this PDO song and dance before.

BUF

BUF

Now maybe they fall apart. But they've started the year pretty well. Thompson looks back on track. Benson had one major mistake, but looks dynamic and has excellent underlyings.

We've all heard it, no need to re-open fresh wounds...

I still remember that PHI season where we had crazy good first 10-15 games, but everyone and their mothers would see it's unsustainable with just IQ above room temperature (Celsius) and VERY basic understanding of (semi)advanced stats. Anyone who would point it out would be called party-pooper (well, in meaner words, but I won't repeat it here) and ''but the EYE test''. Of course, we came crushing down.

So, probably the opposite is happening w Buffalo here. They are not 0-3 bad. I saw them in Prague. No way. But... I still don't think they're making the playoffs. And given their current drought it's a bit loco.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

BUF

BUF

I was about to say, it's been 3 games and people are writing them off. They didn't even look that bad in these games, people are just succumbing to early season reactionary narratives (I also do this all the time, no shade).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad