NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well for a top 6 pick that is a total disappointment. I want to see him play 75 games; regardless how he plays. Then go from there.

What makes you even think he will be the top dman on the PP?
It's Drysdale or York, Drysdale is more skilled and more agile in a short area.
So he'll get first dibs.

Zamula is the wildcard, for a tall player he's pretty good in a short area (on the PP, the blue line limits a PP QB's ability to maneuver and avoid forwards challenging him) and has good vision and is a good passer.

Sanheim is a very good offensive D-man 5x5 but not on the PP.
Like TK and Tippett, a lot of his offense is predicated on his rush.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
It's Drysdale or York, Drysdale is more skilled and more agile in a short area.
So he'll get first dibs.

Zamula is the wildcard, for a tall player he's pretty good in a short area (on the PP, the blue line limits a PP QB's ability to maneuver and avoid forwards challenging him) and has good vision and is a good passer.

Sanheim is a very good offensive D-man 5x5 but not on the PP.
Like TK and Tippett, a lot of his offense is predicated on his rush.
With an inept coaching staff no idea who will get first dibs or how they even approach it. York didn't look good in that role.

Should have played to Risto's strengths and ta least get something out of him.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ghost was on the 3rd pair in both Carolina and Detroit, 5th in ES minutes among Detroit D-men last season. That's what he is on a team with playoff aspirations. He's not the same player you remember since he had both knees scoped. Playing 1st pair in Zona was like Amac playing 1st pair for NYI.

His value in on the PP, not at ES.
That's my expectation for Drysdale, if he plays like a top 4 D-man this year at ES that's a bonus.

Right, so according to your heavily biased depiction that you've crafted to defend management, management is actually constantly failing quite hard since they've been incapable of replacing such an unremarkable piece.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
DeAngelo legitimately has been one of the worst defenders in the league for a while now. Prior to two years ago his offense still outweighed that in terms of net impact. The last two years his offense has gotten worse & even his basement level defensive impacts have got worse than that somehow. Add in his had off issues everywhere he’s been not named Carolina it’s not that baffling.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I don't know how I feel about the Tippet contract, but I really do think he's a 35 goal power forward type, teams pay will pay that price for guys like that, if he never reaches it, it's not so good. Frost needs to cement himself as a 2C this year, he will likely have Michkov on his flank, I hope he puts together a great year.
Tippett is going to need a significant step forward to flirt with 35, let alone 40.

I like Tippett, he’s valuable. But he needs to change his game and prioritize shots from the middle of the ice if he wants to score at that clip.

I agree if Frost steps up and Michkov is as advertised, that could inflate Tippett’s goal total as well.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Tippett is going to need a significant step forward to flirt with 35, let alone 40.

I like Tippett, he’s valuable. But he needs to change his game and prioritize shots from the middle of the ice if he wants to score at that clip.

I agree if Frost steps up and Michkov is as advertised, that could inflate Tippett’s goal total as well.
He also has to improve his shot mechanics, too often he just winds up and shoots.
Needs to get better at using defender to screen his shot, and focus more on a quick release and accuracy than velocity.

This are the kind of incremental improvements that can get you to the next level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad