NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
It's fine when every NFL analyst does it because it's not in Vegas, is that the gist?

We don’t know the exact mix on what percentage of this is the NHL being their usual pissy selves about “proprietary information” (same line used about CapFriendly) versus the gambling angle, but we know both factors exist. The Gaming Commission is entirely about happening in Vegas.

(I know you know I think this is all bullshit. Just explaining the way it was laid out.)

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
We don’t know the exact mix on what percentage of this is the NHL being their usual pissy selves about “proprietary information” (same line used about CapFriendly) versus the gambling angle, but we know both factors exist. The Gaming Commission is entirely about happening in Vegas.

(I know you know I think this is all bullshit. Just explaining the way it was laid out.)
Got to love it. We'll promote the shit out of sports betting during broadcasts and take all the revenue money, but don't you dare try to out smart us

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's fine when every NFL analyst does it because it's not in Vegas, is that the gist?
The NFL had their draft in Vegas in 2022, but the NFL has also been tightening the screws when it comes to leaks on draft day.

Bob McKenzie had no problem spoiling the draft but went quiet this year.

But it’s all still stupid that this happened. How did no one else get nailed?

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
We go where the soft markets exist. Kyle Pitts sent my wife and I to Europe for 20 days, brother. :laugh:

I wish I knew enough about the Olympic events to hit those hard.
I vaguely remember the Pitts draft being discussed on here. Didn't remember that aspect of it though...I'd say that's pretty legit

I feel like if you put a little work into the Olympics, you could probably make out pretty well, granted the odds might not be great

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
You f***s couldnt have held onto this idiot in some bullshit role so NJ didnt have to?

In a decade this man will have tainted the entire tri-state area at this rate
cf4cae878aa102b8528e055b48d3aa03.gif

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I vaguely remember the Pitts draft being discussed on here. Didn't remember that aspect of it though...I'd say that's pretty legit

I feel like if you put a little work into the Olympics, you could probably make out pretty well, granted the odds might not be great

April ‘21 before the draft:

I have quite a bit of money on Pitts' draft slot. If you're interested in such things, I would encourage everyone to look at combo plays on such players. There are extremely likely permutations that work out in profits unless something weird like Pitts going 3 or at 4 to someone other than Atlanta happens.

Pitts was a combination of 70+ individual bets made over the course of multiple months all from the same chain. Chase and Pitts going there in that order was the biggest payout, but all the likely scenarios were a profit. The reason these things like draft position are so profitable is that people react to news as it comes out and it swings lines wildly. I love social media.

This is also why anyone touting the percentage of money put on a particular team/player/whatever as a meaningful data point is not to be trusted. Unless you know exactly what odds and lines for each wager, you’re inferring things you can’t possibly know. It’s +/- but for gambling.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00