NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If the Flyers had any damn sense (and they don't) they would offer oodles of money to departments that don't involve on ice production directly. Paying someone like Tulsky to walk away from his job for example or getting more scouts. Personally i'd make Tulsky shave his head because that head of hair is Medusa levels of bad. But no....... they need to keep Lappy around ffs.

I love this theory, but the only problem with it is that you're reliant on the same gaggle of idiots who currently run the show to determine who would be a wise choice to spend that money on, and on my list of things that sound like a good time, "hire 10 more Brent Flahrs" appears slightly below "have wisdom teeth extracted the long way around."

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He deleted his original tweet last night...loser fit for a loser organization
I like how he’s saying he made a mistake yet he’s hedging that ‘he would welcome a change of scenery should negotiations not improve’ within 3 hours of the deal being announced by the team.

Yes, if they cannot agree on a contract, he would rather be moved than play for free.

Reactions: Rebels57

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Do we know how much teams pay for hockey experience? Are they saving money by hiring executives who're relative outsiders? I wish we knew how much Tulsky, Briere, and Jones are making, for example. Tulsky is closing in on a decade of experience with working in a NHL front office, but he's still described as a former hockey blogger.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I love this theory, but the only problem with it is that you're reliant on the same gaggle of idiots who currently run the show to determine who would be a wise choice to spend that money on, and on my list of things that sound like a good time, "hire 10 more Brent Flahrs" appears slightly below "have wisdom teeth extracted the long way around."
You are correct. The rot in this organization runs deep. There are people that Comcast can hire that would make a proper rebuild and they have the means to do that. It won’t happen until Comcast is embarrassed enough by the current regime’s ineptitude to make the necessary moves. It’s coming as long as the current members of the organization remain.

Reactions: Amorgus and orangey

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Do we know how much teams pay for hockey experience? Are they saving money by hiring executives who're relative outsiders? I wish we knew how much Tulsky, Briere, and Jones are making, for example. Tulsky is closing in on a decade of experience with working in a NHL front office, but he's still described as a former hockey blogger.

Scuttlebutt has Briere at about 2MM per or roughly equal to Zito (2.1).

The top of the GM compensation structure I believe is still Brisebois pushing double Briere.

Reactions: wankstifier

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
He was dealing with concussions ever since his rookie season. I think it's safe to say he's done for good.
I think this is related to his knee. I don't see any absences for concussions in the past few years

1720050353859.png

1720050373163.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad