NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIII: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs for Thee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
And he's doing it in an era with athletes and goalies, not plumbers and empty nets.

1718762811704.png

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'd like the Oilers to win just because the Flyers anti-tank/anti-draft/anti-rebuild cult would be devastated.

What if I told you Ekblad went #1, Barkov #2, and Huberdeau #3 (traded for Tkachuk #6), and they don’t have a contender without them. I won’t even include Reinhart.

What if I also told you the Flyers have former 1st overall Erik Johnson. Thus, the Flyers do believe in drafting high.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Watching this game and am reminded that the dumbass head coach for the Flyers actually said that you don't win by filling the net. And we made jokes in the regular season about this even though his quote was about the playoffs. Here we are though and it's gonna take at least 4 or 5 goals to win this game. Panthers and Oilers have averaged 3 goals per game before tonight. Again a man who was last relevant in 2004, and he is the coach of the Flyers.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Watching this game and am reminded that the dumbass head coach for the Flyers actually said that you don't win by filling the net. And we made jokes in the regular season about this even though his quote was about the playoffs.

Tortorella benched Frost half of game 82, needing a win to make playoffs, when they were down 1 goal to double shift Poehling. At least respect the conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad