NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIII: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs for Thee

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think the entire Canucks team was in the net to keep that one out.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
lmao miller, with no stick, straight up mugs sissions right before the buzzer.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Can stars win 4th game in a row against Vegas?

Man, I hope not. First off, Dallas sucks. Don't care that it's a different sport, F*(# Dallas. Second, I will always root for more hockey over less. Third, Vegas is basically the perfect front office to my mind: do whatever it takes to win, as long as you can justify it within the rules, because the goal is always to give your fans a Cup-worthy product. Everything else is secondary.

Edit: Heck yeah. Game 7, baby.

Reactions: Devonator

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Canucks-Oilers will be great for the traffic on this website. First time they meet in the playoffs since 1992.
It will be a shit show but I hope my surrogate Flyers brothers will support the good side. We bounced players and management back for years. First game I went to in the mid 70’s and the Flyers were beating up the fans.

My old man played on a semi pro baseball team and the Watson. Oyster s were on it with Randy Rota.

Are you guys gonna stick with Torts?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It will be a shit show but I hope my surrogate Flyers brothers will support the good side. We bounced players and management back for years. First game I went to in the mid 70’s and the Flyers were beating up the fans.

My old man played on a semi pro baseball team and the Watson. Oyster s were on it with Randy Rota.

Are you guys gonna stick with Torts?
Torts has everyone here by the balls, so yes.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
People keep saying Vegas is playing within the rules. I call bullshit on that. They are lying about injuries, with the aid of whichever medical "professionals" they are using, in order to bolster their lineup at the deadline so its way over the cap in the Playoffs. The cap is there for competitive balance. Just because they are getting away with it, doesn't mean it isn't cheating. The NHL must find a way to close this loophole. f*** Vegas.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
People keep saying Vegas is playing within the rules. I call bullshit on that. They are lying about injuries, with the aid of whichever medical "professionals" they are using, in order to bolster their lineup at the deadline so its way over the cap in the Playoffs. The cap is there for competitive balance. Just because they are getting away with it, doesn't mean it isn't cheating. The NHL must find a way to close this loophole. f*** Vegas.
People will call it clever and shrewd. But real winners don't need this kind of advantage.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

The Cap is there to keep salaries down, not competitive balance.

People will call it clever and shrewd. But real winners don't need this kind of advantage.
The two teams most attached to abusing LTIR both prior to Vegas did so having had previously won the Cup already.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They’re not abusing LTIR or lying about injuries any more than the Flyers are. They just happen to be a good team, instead of a bad team. It’s very silly to think that Stone had two fake back surgeries in 2022 and a fake lacerated spleen in 2024.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
there is no loophole. they are just better at it than others. no rules broken nothing to see here.

I am sure you would have the same stance if it was the flyers.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They’re not abusing LTIR or lying about injuries any more than the Flyers are. They just happen to be a good team, instead of a bad team. It’s very silly to think that Stone had two fake back surgeries in 2022 and a fake lacerated spleen in 2024.

It's very silly to think he wasn't healthy enough to come off of LTIR until the day after the season ended and the cap went away.

The Cap is there to keep salaries down, not competitive balance.

The two teams most attached to abusing LTIR both prior to Vegas did so having had previously won the Cup already.

The league wants to keep salaries down in part for competitive balance. This way there can't be "super teams" like we saw in the late 90's, early 00's prior to cap implementation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad