News Article: Mirtle: Maple Leafs Ownership Could Make Massive Changes if 'Really Disappointing First-Round Exit' Happens Again in the Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frostitute

Feb 9, 2022
Northern Ontario
55e0173909241223fda30442f3e994f5-1712212156.jpg

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I guess you can't really blame Shanny and co. if they are given the okay to keep the golden girls together. They make a small fortune every year just for sticking with the plan. That's some of the easiest money anyone will ever "earn".

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I guess they hope Matthews will somehow turn into a stud playoff performer. That’s dangerous thinking considering he’s never done that in his 27 yrs.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
It was always going to be difficult to move one of them this offseason. There is still plenty of time but I am not holding my breath.

I guess they want to see what Berube can do with this roster and make the tough decisions next year.

If they bomb out in the firat round again, then proceed to resign Marner and Tavares my head might explode though

Reactions: ToneDog

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
You guys are massive whiners.
It’s July 1st.

And while we are all waiting to see if they will change the core, it was always most likely they couldn’t do that this offseason because of gasp pesky NMCs

That said, contrary to sentiment that will be peddled around here changing virtually the entire coaching staff is a very significant change.

Adding Tanev (the questionable details of his contract aside) is a big addition.

The 2024-25 roster is not a finished product.

The big OEL and Tanev deals are okay, but where do you see any room for big positive changes to occur after July 1?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
They’re not done yet.
You mean it’s going to get worse?

You guys are massive whiners.
It’s July 1st.

And while we are all waiting to see if they will change the core, it was always most likely they couldn’t do that this offseason because of gasp pesky NMCs

That said, contrary to sentiment that will be peddled around here changing virtually the entire coaching staff is a very significant change.

Adding Tanev (the questionable details of his contract aside) is a big addition.

The 2024-25 roster is not a finished product.
Keep drinking the Kool Ade brother……..

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
They’d only make big changes if it was a “really disappointing” first round exit. We had a “totally standard” first round exit, so therefore we’ll shuffle the deck chairs, as is tradition.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The big OEL and Tanev deals are okay, but where do you see any room for big positive changes to occur after July 1?
Tanev could be better than anything we signed last year (if he stays healthy) but after multiple years of playoff failure and the big press conference of patterns and patience, we have just rearranged the deck chairs here.

Tre 2nd year trying to throw UFAs around a core that can’t get it done or play the playoff way.

For those of you that thought anything would ever change, sorry folks.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
You mean it’s going to get worse?

Keep drinking the Kool Ade brother……..
They only have 11 F and 700K of cap space….something has to happen. I fear they’ll be forced to move Benoit.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Tanev could be better than anything we signed last year (if he stays healthy) but after multiple years of playoff failure and the big press conference of patterns and patience, we have just rearranged the deck chairs here.

Tre 2nd year trying to throw UFAs around a core that can’t get it done or play the playoff way.

For those of you that thought anything would ever change, sorry folks.

The only substantive change that can come now for this organization is some combination of Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly and Tavares figuring out how not to be massive, soft losers anymore, in that order of responsibility. There's no amount of babysitting and support that can be given to these guys for their shortcomings.

Everything else, O'Reilly, Schenn, Kadri, Hyman, Brown, Lyubushkin x 2, Edmundson, Giordano, Domi, Bertuzzi, Bunting, etc. it's not their fault. They're just support guys.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
They’d only make big changes if it was a “really disappointing” first round exit. We had a “totally standard” first round exit, so therefore we’ll shuffle the deck chairs, as is tradition.
They cant see the tress for the forest. If Bruins had any talent other than Brad and Pasta up front, it would have been over in 5. Shanny and his staff are seriously incompetent.

The only silver lining I see is that his head will roll next April.

What would be the cherry on top is if Luke Fox is correct suggesting they could sign Klingberg for $1m.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad