Mirtle: End is near for Hyman in Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Waiting for certain posters to come in here and lament giving up on Hyman despite not producing in the playoffs here and then going into the Marner thread asking to give him away
Proofs in the pudding, no need for anyone to point out he should have been resigned…….

Who's the one making $11M there genius? Who was the one making $2.5M in their time with the Leafs?

The problem very obviously turned out to be the core, not the guy who was busting his ass fighting in corners every night to get them the puck.
Someone gets it, too bad the majority can’t get it….,…

Reactions: myleafs

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Cause Hyman looks like the next ex-Leaf to get a cup, and it's extra stinging that it's another Canadian team he'll be winning it with.

There are a lot of ex-leafs in the league, several on Edmonton, a couple on Florida. Lots of posters on this board would love to create more ex-Leafs as well.

Reactions: Craig Button

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
There are a lot of ex-leafs in the league, several on Edmonton, a couple on Florida. Lots of posters on this board would love to create more ex-Leafs as well.
are you on Team Run it Back ?

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Does the best roster involved 2 wingers making over 10 AAV ?

That question can't be answered in the abstract unless we know exactly what the other options are.

Ie if we can turn Marner into say picks and prospects and then sign Lindholm and Stephenson with the savings, that would turn us into a much more balanced team.

But if we have to absorb a bad deal or two in return for Mitch, and spend the rest of the savings on a couple of mediocre but overpaid UFAs (Tre signed a few guys like that in Calgary), then we get worse for the sake of "change".

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Cause Hyman looks like the next ex-Leaf to get a cup, and it's extra stinging that it's another Canadian team he'll be winning it with.
Florida is a really good opponent. I would even say the favorite in this series. He's made the finals anyway, but I wouldn't give him the Cup just yet.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Hyman is like the new Bernie Nicholls. He's a 70 goal scorer, but he's really not. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the guy though, he was a good player for us.

Last edited:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Verhaeghe looks like the next ex-Leafs to get a cup, not Hyman.

Who's the one making $11M there genius? Who was the one making $2.5M in their time with the Leafs?

The problem very obviously turned out to be the core, not the guy who was busting his ass fighting in corners every night to get them the puck.

For how he was producing, the $5.5 million he got paid was an overpayment and there is a double standard with Marner/Hyman.

Hyman produced like a 3rd liner with the Leafs (and not a good one).

It is hypocritical to want him to have stayed and to also want Marner to go.

Hyman is a good player who is getting overhyped now.

• Haha
Reactions: Bomber0104

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
For how he was producing, the $5.5 million he got paid was an overpayment and there is a double standard with Marner/Hyman.

Hyman produced like a 3rd liner with the Leafs (and not a good one).

It is hypocritical to want him to have stayed and to also want Marner to go.

Hyman is a good player who is getting overhyped now.
34 and 29 goal pace his last two years here.

Reactions: socko

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
If you ignore playoffs, he was good, if you include it, he was terrible.
First of all you didn't say anything about playoffs. And Zach is a net front guy. He's not a puck carrier. He's not a playmaker. If Gretzky is out on the perimeter doing ice capades and never generates any offense, the net front guy isn't going to get chances to score garbage goals. I know that's why he throws the floaters from the blueline, but those guys in Edmonton actually drive to the net and pass it to him.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
How did he do in the playoffs in Toronto? I know counting is hard for you sometimes, but the numbers are low, I have faith.

Looks like he scored more goals than Marner, Tavares, and our prized deadline acquistition Foligno combined in his last playoff series with the Leafs. :laugh:

It's ok to admit you were dead wrong on the player, you're in excellent company since Dubas was too.

You'd think you'd be used to taking such massive L's on here, why does this particular one seem to fire you up so much?! :biglaugh:

Reactions: Tie Domi Esquire

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Looks like he scored more goals than Marner, Tavares, and our prized deadline acquistition Foligno combined in his last playoff series with the Leafs. :laugh:

It's ok to admit you were dead wrong on the player, you're in excellent company since Dubas was too.

You'd think you'd be used to taking such massive L's on here, why does this particular one seem to fire you up so much?! :biglaugh:

In his last series with us, he had 1 point in 7 games...............

I was wrong about you being able to count well.

Reactions: Craig Button

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
First of all you didn't say anything about playoffs. And Zach is a net front guy. He's not a puck carrier. He's not a playmaker. If Gretzky is out on the perimeter doing ice capades and never generates any offense, the net front guy isn't going to get chances to score garbage goals. I know that's why he throws the floaters from the blueline, but those guys in Edmonton actually drive to the net and pass it to him.

This was the last 3 years with the Leafs in the playoffs.

3 goals, 2 assists in 19 games.

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 4.44.30 PM.png

Sure, we can say his job was to get pucks and then be a netfront guy.

He had 5 takeaways in those 19 games.

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 4.46.26 PM.png

I think the Matthews/Marner/Hyman line dominated play most of the time but just couldn't finish (a common problem).

But Hyman's numbers here were terrible and everyone likes to pretend they weren't for some reason.

I like Hyman but the hypocrisy when it comes to Hyman and Marner is evident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad