GDT: Minsk Dinamo versus St-Petersburg SKA - October 9th, 12:30 EST - The Plot Thickens

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The Plot Thickens

October is a special period of the year in Russia, to say the least. Memories of a time of great upheaval and societal instability. Tired of their incompetent leader, Tsar Romanov, the population revolted back in October 1917.

We've had our own little revolution in Habsland in November 2021, when our own incompetent leader was cannonballed into obscurity and irrelevance, with great fanfare:

Polish-20241008-111008089.jpg

Since then, a wave of unassailable hope swept the land, promising that the mistakes of the past wouldn't be repeated. No more bad drafting. No more middling. Despite bumps and bruises and a bit of unrest when the team passed on a controversial player at the draft last year, this past June saw the entrance of wonderboy Ivan Demidov slaying the 1st round failings and bad luck of the past, with its most recent iteration, the Matvei Michkov monster:

Polish-20240927-193502488.jpg

Fast-forward to the entrance of Demidov as a regular in the storied franchise of Saint-Petersburg's SKA of the KHL in early September. After a hot start despite limited minutes, including a 4 points game against Michkov's former team of Sotchi, a great mystery unfolded. Ivan's icetime suddenly melted like a Sunrise interior icerink in mid-June, barely appropriate for the situation at hand.

Enter SKA headcase, erg, headcoach, Roman Rotenberg, also now known by some as the Coach Nazi:

Polish-20241007-140315660.jpg

Theories on the reasons Demi's icetime got drastically reduced have abounded. Some have proposed that Rotenberg went to the Michel Therrien School of Prehistoric Coaching and found proof of such:

Polish-20241007-000653800.jpg

While others suggested gregarious partyman and bon vivant Evgeny Kuznetsov vouched for Ivan and was the only reason he was used on the 3rd line. Now that Kuznetsov is injured and out of the lineup, Ivan does not have anyone backing him. All that was needed was a single mistake for Rotenberg to have Demidov ride the pine. Others have rather proposed that SKA is blackmailing the Habs into a king's ransom to free Demidov from their clutches, as his icetime suddenly went down just after Habs newfound hero, mustachioed Laine McDonald, had a freak injury and was sidelined for at least two months. The most prevelant theory though is that Demidov was offered an extention and naturally did not sign on the dotted line, simply because he doesn't want to impede on his NHL dream.

After the theories on the why, came the theories on the how. To get him out of Russia. Some proposed simple activism, like an awareness ad campaign:

Polish-20241008-123204477.jpg

Others have proposed that it falls on Demidov to find a way out of there:

Polish-20241005-061340022.jpg

Others went further and were adamant Molson should give a briefcase full of cash to double agent and Russian turncoat Nick Bobrov, straight out of movie plot:

Polish-20241005-162705553.jpg

Despite all the fine proposals, many think nothing short of a new revolution would do the trick. With Ivan spearheading the whole thing:

Polish-20241008-102553603.jpg

He might need some funding though, and should ask someone to pull a Ludendorff (from his personal letters) and fund the revolution. It's so happens that there is a rich General who's very fond of Demidov:

Polish-20230525-202351512.jpg

So here we are my friends, with another SKA game at hand. Will his icetime barely budge? Will he get more by increments? Will he get even less?

The big question is, what friggin jersey color is he wearing today? There are so many, I'm still lost in the nomenclature.

Lineups will be added as soon as available.

Special thanks to @xX SEYF Xx for the Free Willy idea.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The Plot Thickens

October is a special period of the year in Russia, to say the least. Memories of a time of great upheaval and societal instability. Tired of their incompetent leader, Tsar Romanov, the population revolted back in October 1917.

We've had our own little revolution in Habsland in November 2021, when our own incompetent leader was cannonballed into obscurity and irrelevance, with great fanfare:

Polish-20241008-111008089.jpg

Since then, a wave of unassailable hope swept the land, promising that the mistakes of the past wouldn't be repeated. No more bad drafting. No more middling. Despite bumps and bruises and a bit of unrest when the team passed on a controversial player at the draft last year, this past June saw the entrance of wonderboy Ivan Demidov slaying the 1st round failings and bad luck of the past, with its most recent iteration, the Matvei Michkov monster:

Polish-20240927-193502488.jpg

Fast-forward to the entrance of Demidov as a regular in the storied franchise of Saint-Petersburg's SKA of the KHL in early September. After a hot start despite limited minutes, including a 4 points game against Michkov's former team of Sotchi, a great mystery unfolded. Ivan's icetime suddenly melted like a Sunrise interior icerink in mid-June, barely appropriate for the situation at hand.

Enter SKA headcase, erg, headcoach, Roman Rotenberg, also now known by some as the Coach Nazi:

Polish-20241007-140315660.jpg

Theories on the reasons Demi's icetime got drastically reduced have abounded. Some have proposed that Rotenberg went to the Michel Therrien School of Prehistoric Coaching and found proof of such:

Polish-20241007-000653800.jpg

While others suggested gregarious partyman and bon vivant Evgeny Kuznetsov vouched for Ivan and was the only reason he was used on the 3rd line. Now that Kuznetsov is injured and out of the lineup, Ivan does not have anyone backing him. All that was needed was a single mistake for Rotenberg to have Demidov ride the pine. Others have rather proposed that SKA is blackmailing the Habs into a king's ransom to free Demidov from their clutches, as his icetime suddenly went down just after Habs newfound hero, mustachioed Laine McDonald, had a freak injury and was sidelined for at least two months. The most prevelant theory though is that Demidov was offered an extention and naturally did not sign on the dotted line, simply because he doesn't want to impede on his NHL dream.

After the theories on the why, came the theories on the how. To get him out of Russia. Some proposed simple activism, like an awareness ad campaign:

Polish-20241008-123204477.jpg

Others have proposed that it falls on Demidov to find a way out of there:

Polish-20241005-061340022.jpg

Others went further and were adamant Molson should give a briefcase full of cash to double agent and Russian turncoat Nick Bobrov, straight out of movie plot:

Polish-20241005-162705553.jpg

Despite all the fine proposals, many think nothing short of a new revolution would do the trick. With Ivan spearheading the whole thing:

Polish-20241008-102553603.jpg

He might need some funding though, and should ask someone to pull a Ludendorff (from his personal letters) and fund the revolution. It's so happens that there is a rich General who's very fond of Demidov:

Polish-20230525-202351512.jpg

So here we are my friends, with another SKA game at hand. Will his icetime barely budge? Will he get more by increments? Will he get even less?

The big question is, what friggin jersey color is he wearing today? There are so many, I'm still lost in the nomenclature.

Lineups will be added as soon as available.

Special thanks to @xX SEYF Xx for the Free Willy idea.
LOLOLOL

You got the job the open GDT slots are listed close by.

We can’t buy him out of his contract but could we loan SKA a 4th liner to replace his 4 mins/game? Thinking PowerDonkey would thrive there
He does have that added bonus of being under contract for a couple of years yet they seem to like that more than skill.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
LOLOLOL

You got the job the open GDT slots are listed close by.

He does have that added bonus of being under contract for a couple of years yet they seem to like that more than skill.

I have some time now, but won't soon enough, so while doing so is appealling, I fear I won't be able to commit. I might do a few when I get some good ideas.

Thanks for the acknowledgment

Reactions: Habano and Rapala

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
So is this the game where Demidov gets "health scratched"?

I think Roman might be getting annoyed by the Russian media always asking why he's not playing him. Looks like the kind of move he would be doing in this case.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

I think Roman might be getting annoyed by the Russian media always asking why he's not playing him. Looks like the kind of move he would be doing in this case.

Holy crap, I didn't know that. Why didn't you say this earlier somewhere, somewhen? I so would've added that to the GDT. :biglaugh:

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here

Imagine getting annoyed by the pesky Russian sports media, known for their incessant investigative reporting and spotlight framing of top executives!

• Haha
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad