Speculation: 2024-25 Roster thread

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
This is the closest thing to a GDT so I'll just say it here: I wish we could have gotten a look at Celebrini in the pre-season. I have this sick feeling he's going to light us up on Saturday and start the doom spiral from the get-go.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Confused what we’re doing with Zell. Wouldn’t getting minutes in the ahl be better than sitting in the box? Unless they plan to rotate him with someone?

And no, Fowler isn’t getting moved to just let zell play 3rd pairing minutes.

From THN's Patrick Present:

From a bird's eye view, the only nightly lineup locks on the blueline are, in all likelihood, Gudas, Fowler, Dumoulin, and LaCombe.

Interesting. I would have thought it would have been Minty instead of LaCombe. Just odd to have eight d-men up unless the team wants to monitor Minty's health and not completely rush him back on a daily basis as well as rotate between Luneau and Zell to improve their defense at the NHL level?

Reactions: ZegrassyKnoll

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
From THN's Patrick Present:

From a bird's eye view, the only nightly lineup locks on the blueline are, in all likelihood, Gudas, Fowler, Dumoulin, and LaCombe.

Interesting. I would have thought it would have been Minty instead of LaCombe. Just odd to have eight d-men up unless the team wants to monitor Minty's health and not completely rush him back on a daily basis as well as rotate between Luneau and Zell to improve their defense at the NHL level?
Yeah Minty should be considered a lock unless he's still recovering from injury.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It's really only deep IF the kids take real steps. All of them.
I didn’t say it was a deep roster in general(although it’s not as bad as you think), I said it’s the deepest roster we’ve had in 6 years

That’s an astonishingly low bar to pass over, but still shows there’s been some progression in quality. No major accomplishment but we’re heading in the right direction

Reactions: Mr Rogers

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I didn’t say it was a deep roster in general(although it’s not as bad as you think), I said it’s the deepest roster we’ve had in 6 years

That’s an astonishingly low bar to pass over, but still shows there’s been some progression in quality. No major accomplishment but we’re heading in the right direction
I mean it looks promising adding Cutter. Imo, Fabbri is a downgrade to Rico. Everyone else we really already had. At least at forward. If the kids can be who we hope they are then yes I'd say it's a step in the right direction. At D we swapped Right shoot Lybushkin for left shooting Dumoulin. I like Dumoulin more but he shoots the wrong side. I'm hopeful for a good season but it entirely be driven by if the kids take the necessary steps.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I think Fabbri actually fills a role (aggressive forechecker/puck hound) that Rico didn't and it's something we lacked, still do. The skill difference is a marginal factor IMO.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad