Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Vegas Claims Raph Lavoie off Waivers, Everyone Else Cleared

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Basically they've set their upper limit at $93.125M and accrue cap space whenever they're below $88M.

So we have over $5M now with that amount to continue to accrue?

Do you know what we’d be at by say late February/early March before the TDL?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
So we have over $5M now with that amount to continue to accrue?

Do you know what we’d be at by say late February/early March before the TDL?
With Wright and Savoie down and Dermott signed, they have about $1M in cap space, I think.

The rough way to calculate accrued cap for the deadline is to multiply that by 4, so you're looking at around $4M at the deadline, but that's assuming they stay healthy and never have to make call-ups or dip into LTIR along the way.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
With Wright and Savoie down and Dermott signed, they have about $1M in cap space, I think.

The rough way to calculate accrued cap for the deadline is to multiply that by 4, so you're looking at around $4M at the deadline, but that's assuming they stay healthy and never have to make call-ups or dip into LTIR along the way.

So we’ll have $4m + $5.125m (or whatever Kanes cap hit is) by the TDL?

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Thanks.

So we can really load up at the TDL and earlier if Kane stays on LTIR all year.

Big all in year, hopefully they get this right. Everything is at stake this year it seems like.
yup. We need a "kane setback" and we can add significant players if they are available to us

F*** all this playing by the rules BS. Vegas took advantage and Tampa. Hell didnt the Hawks and Pens take advantage of the old rules to lower their stars cap hits

Reactions: Duke74

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
yup. We need a "kane setback" and we can add significant players if they are available to us

I’ve been looking through 2025 and 2026 UFAs. Somewhat slim pickings on D for righties. No way Florida moves Ekblad at the TDL to us if they’re in contention.

Andersson looks like one of the better available options…

Provorov is a lefty but he jumps out as well.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

F*** all this playing by the rules BS. Vegas took advantage and Tampa. Hell didnt the Hawks and Pens take advantage of the old rules to lower their stars cap hits
Chicago did. Tampa petitioned to change the loop hole. Rest of the league said nah, so they used it to help win cups.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
It's kind of funny that there were 60 guys on waivers a couple days ago and I didn't really want any of them, but with 4 guys on waivers today, I would put in claims on 2 of them.

Even though I'm far less of a Lavoie fan than the loud contingent of the fanbase that were losing their mind yesterday I still see him as the upper end of AHL/NHL tweeners it would be non-sensical to not put a claim in on him, quality forward depth is a plus.

Then I'd put a claim in on Mark Friedman, IMO J. Brown and Carrick both performed well below expectations and while I like Emberson he was below the media hype. Despite being 5th in VAN's RHD depth chart, I see Friedman being at a fairly comparable level to Emberson and Stecher, who I think will benefit from enhanced internal competition to make them have to fight to keep their spot. Friedman IMO falls into that category of d-man who is the late developing journeyman, who is still improving into his late 20's.

Though I'm guessing the org doesn't share my vision and I'm guessing newly signed Dermott will be our 7th particularly cause he can play both sides and both the coaching and management are fond of the player.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
So I presume we are not longer accruing cap space?

The Oil are the same distance under the cap limit with Kane on IR or LTIR, so they accure cap space either way.

Basically there's two numbers to focus on: 1) so long the roster is under 88mil, the team will accure cap for the TDL. 2) with Kane on LTIR, the team can exceed the 88mil limit up to the value of his contract (roughly 93mil).

As I understand it, you accure cap space for everyday you're under the offical cap (so roughly 25k daily with their current 12f-7d setup.), but once you exceed the 88mil projection you stop accuring space.

Though I don't believe being over the cap whittles down your accured space, it just pauses the accruement of it. So they could go over for a couple days (say due to the flu going through the room and the team needs to call up a few healthy guys), and that won't cost them the space they've already saved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad