GDT: Minnesota Wild @ St. Louis Blues 1/27/2013 7PM CST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
That's why.

Did you watch the games?

I am sure the coaching staff did and liked what they saw. I am more confident in their opinions based on what they have seen.

I am more than happy to admit it if I am wrong but I think it is premature to doubt the pairing based on having not seen them play together.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Not to mention Scandella's been pretty well brutal in Houston for the majority of the year.

Not true at all. At a PPG with Brodin. No one could get around him, he made great first passes, and was getting shots on net that led to rebound goals. After he got injured and came back, yes, he did struggle.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Not true at all. At a PPG with Brodin. No one could get around him, he made great first passes, and was getting shots on net that led to rebound goals. After he got injured and came back, yes, he did struggle.

So he's struggled for the majority the year and continues to be his ever-nicked self?

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I see no reason as to why Scandella should be playing above Stoner or Falk. Two players who are going very well right now. Then add in that Scandella is just coming back and has never shown any sort of consistency at any level; I don't think that's a player you make room for in the top 4. Even with his perceived skill level.

At this rate Scandella needs to play his way into minutes because outside of Prosser, he's certainly proven he's no better than anyone out there on this blueline.

It has been half and half. He only played 24 games. He struggled after coming back from injury, which I believe he reinjured.

Those who I continue to speak with about him disagree.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I see no reason as to why Scandella should be playing above Stoner or Falk. Two players who are going very well right now. Then add in that Scandella is just coming back and has never shown any sort of consistency at any level; I don't think that's a player you make room for in the top 4. Even with his perceived skill level.

At this rate Scandella needs to play his way into minutes because outside of Prosser, he's certainly proven he's no better than anyone out their on this blueline.

Completely agree with the bolded, and it also applies to Brodin, before we start putting his name next to Suter's.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Wouldn't mind seeing

Suter-Brodin
Gilbert-Scandella

or

Suter-Scandella
Gilbert-Brodin

Let the vets be somewhat of a safety net for the young'n's.

I've said all along I prefer Brodin with Suter. I am fine with your suggested pairings. I just happen to think that there is no harm in trying out Scandella/Brodin since Yeo is set on Suter/Gilbert for right now.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Since it needs to be said, Wild win big, badly and ugly. They gonna beat the Country Grammar back into the Blues on the road to 48-0!

Could we fix the thread title since the game really starts at 5 pm CST.
Since it's past 5 p.m. CT we're all good with the time change?

lol Maybe this game exists on Doctor Who "time." lol

It would explain Nordy's alien origins and the regeneration power Koivu seems to have.

651*

Can someone explain to me why my DirecTV scanner says the game is on right now on NBCS but they're showing poker?

Would appreciate it.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia

At this rate Scandella needs to play his way into minutes because outside of Prosser, he's certainly proven he's no better than anyone out there on this blueline.

Those who I continue to speak with about him disagree.

That's fair. Agree to disagree.

And I appreciate your response. Your conclusion is sound based on your premises.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Can someone explain to me why my DirecTV scanner says the game is on right now on NBCS but they're showing poker?

Would appreciate it.

A lot of the guides are muffed.

Mine says the same, I'm on MidCo.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot

Would appreciate it.
It was initially at 5 before NBCSN picked it up and moved it to 7. Your channel guide (and by the sound of it others) didn't make the change.

651*

It was initially at 5 before NBCSN picked it up and moved it to 7. Your channel guide (and by the sound of it others) didn't make the change.

Thanks. Now only if I had some cold ones in the fridge. :shakehead (I ain't toolin' to Hudson in craptastic 94 weather.)

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
So I had an interesting realization looking at the schedule earlier today.

After the opener vs. the Avs, the next six games are a streak in which the Wild play every opponent in their new conference under last year's realignment plan, all in a row (except the Jets, who we don't get to play this year since they're still in the Eastern Conference). (DAL, NSH, DET, STL, CBJ, and CHI, in that order.) So I guess consider these two weeks a preview of things to come?

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Fellas we have Wade Redden now. So you guys might as well not even watch. Blues 6-0.

Actually not feeling good. Minnesota is good plus the Blues were in Dallas last night and didn't get in until 3 am. The Blues have not been good in the second half of back to backs lately.

Looking forward to seeing Granlund. How has he been? Seems like everyone talks about Parise and Suter so he's been overshadowed from a media standpoint.

djp4516

Jan 19, 2008
Minneapolis
Fellas we have Wade Redden now. So you guys might as well not even watch. Blues 6-0.

Actually not feeling good. Minnesota is good plus the Blues were in Dallas last night and didn't get in until 3 am. The Blues have not been good in the second half of back to backs lately.

Looking forward to seeing Granlund. How has he been? Seems like everyone talks about Parise and Suter so he's been overshadowed from a media standpoint.

A little overmatched physically, but his talent is certainly evident. As he adjusts to the speed of the NHL game, he should get better. Amazing passer. Sees passes on the ice (particularly when he is down low) that other players simply don't.

That said, I've still got an hockey induced erection from Jonas Brodin's first NHL game on Friday. Cannot wait to watch him again tonight against a very good team.

Minny91

Jan 25, 2013
Hello everyone, have been a lurker for a while now - finally decided to create an account. Wild win this one 4-2 with an EN goal. Brodziak with two ginos, seto with 1, heatley empty netter. Should be a great game, here we go boys

Wildfan10*

Anyone have a link for the game? We don't get NBCSN in the dorms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad