Minnesota Wild General Discussion XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What about Johansson? He has to be in the top 6 somewhere. I figured it would bump out Bonino.

If Zuccarello is good enough to be in the top 6, I'd actually prefer Johansson to replace Parise or Bjugstad. Though I think Eriksson Ek should get a look in Bonino's spot there.

Reactions: HotDish

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Greenway - Johansson - Fiala
Kaprizov - Eriksson Ek - Zuccarello
Parise - Bonino - Bjugstad
Foligno - Sturm - Hartman

If it's the same Greenway as last season, I don't like him there. If it's a new and improved, more physically dominant and more skilled Greenway, then it could be good.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If it's the same Greenway as last season, I don't like him there. If it's a new and improved, more physically dominant and more skilled Greenway, then it could be good.

This would give him a chance to show it.

I'd actually rather swap Greenway and Kaprizov.

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
I don't understand how Nick Bjugstad can currently figure on the Wild's top-6. How can this not be seen as total trash from the Wild fanbase?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Greenway - Johansson - Fiala
Kaprizov - Eriksson Ek - Zuccarello
Parise - Bonino - Bjugstad
Foligno - Sturm - Hartman
At that point you're better off just swapping Bonino and Sturm and seeing if the Bonino - Hartman - Foligno line can give you what the Ek line did last year. Also requires Evason to give Parise 4th line minutes

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
At that point you're better off just swapping Bonino and Sturm and seeing if the Bonino - Hartman - Foligno line can give you what the Ek line did last year. Also requires Evason to give Parise 4th line minutes

Yeah, it would definitely be a better line with Bonino on it. The way I have it, they can be similarly reliable if Bjugstad and Sturm are real players.

I'm not fully on board with the whole "Parise 4th line player" thing, but we've gone round and round on that plenty.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't understand how Nick Bjugstad can currently figure on the Wild's top-6. How can this not be seen as total trash from the Wild fanbase?

We're not exactly swimming in top 6 centers, it's the first week of training camp, and his last full season he scored 49 points. No one is exactly thrilled with it, but we're not going to start throwing lamps and flipping tables until it gets to the point where it's used in games when it clearly doesn't work.

Reactions: FedorTyutin

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yeah, it would definitely be a better line with Bonino on it. The way I have it, they can be similarly reliable if Bjugstad and Sturm are real players.

I'm not fully on board with the whole "Parise 4th line player" thing, but we've gone round and round on that plenty.
One of your bottom 2 lines would be used as the matchup/shutdown line. At least to some extent. Can't see how Parise and Bjugstad are what you want there? I could see one of those guys as the 3rd player on the matchup line, can't see both

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
One of your bottom 2 lines would be used as the matchup/shutdown line. At least to some extent. Can't see how Parise and Bjugstad are what you want there? I could see one of those guys as the 3rd player on the matchup line, can't see both

Personally, I'm not much of a matchup chaser with forwards.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
By the time Zuccarello comes back, there will be injuries to deal with I’m sure. If not, there is probably equal chance of being on the second line as he is on the 4th with 2nd unit PP time. Given what he did last season, if the top 6 is in tact and reasonably productive, he isn’t bumping anyone off it no matter what is thought of those players today after what Zuccarello showed last season. Especially coming in off surgery with no camp after looking unprepared last year as well.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
By the time Zuccarello comes back, there will be injuries to deal with I’m sure. If not, there is probably equal chance of being on the second line as he is on the 4th with 2nd unit PP time. Given what he did last season, if the top 6 is in tact and reasonably productive, he isn’t bumping anyone off it no matter what is thought of those players today after what Zuccarello showed last season. Especially coming in off surgery with no camp after looking unprepared last year as well.

I get that a certain someone here is pretty annoying, but people act like Zuccarello had 7 points last year. Does he need to be better? Yes. Was he atrocious last year? No.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I get that a certain someone here is pretty annoying, but people act like Zuccarello had 7 points last year. Does he need to be better? Yes. Was he atrocious last year? No.

There’s a gulf between an asset to the team and atrocious in my view. But he was much closer to the latter than the former. He isn’t bumping Fiala and Kaprizov. Nothing in his career past or present dictates he should bump Parise. So that leaves one spot from the likes of Johansson or Greenway. Pending on how the top 6 is gelling, I have questions whether a guy who is well behind the eight ball in terms of camp is going to come in and immediately get top 6 minutes.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
There’s a gulf between an asset to the team and atrocious in my view. But he was much closer to the latter than the former. He isn’t bumping Fiala and Kaprizov. Nothing in his career past or present dictates he should bump Parise. So that leaves one spot from the likes of Johansson or Greenway. Pending on how the top 6 is gelling, I have questions whether a guy who is well behind the eight ball in terms of camp is going to come in and immediately get top 6 minutes.

Disagree. That was kind of my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad