Minnesota Wild General Discussion 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I have an opinion about what would be best, but I'm trying to get hung up on it, because we all know that they could be in a blender by game #12.

My preference:

Kaprizov - Eriksson Ek - Zuccarello
Boldy - Rossi - Hartman
Ohgren - Gaudreau - Johansson
Foligno - Khusnuts - Trenin

Can also swap the #3 LW/C combo with the #4 LW/C combo.

Reactions: Minnesota

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I have an opinion about what would be best, but I'm trying to get hung up on it, because we all know that they could be in a blender by game #12.

My preference:

Kaprizov - Eriksson Ek - Zuccarello
Boldy - Rossi - Hartman
Ohgren - Gaudreau - Johansson

Can also swap the #3 LW/C combo with the #4 LW/C combo.
Swap Gaudreau or Johansson for Heidt and that's pretty balanced IMO.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Is there potential Rossi steps it up even more this season? I was shocked he put up 40 points last season.. had no idea he had such a good season

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Is there potential Rossi steps it up even more this season? I was shocked he put up 40 points last season.. had no idea he had such a good season
There is absolutely potential for more with him, another year of increasing his speed and strength can go a very long way with his game, giving him more time to control and distribute the puck. He has been working on his shot a lot too, put in another hard summer with the development team along with Faber, Boldy and lots of the younger guys. I won't make a points range guess, but he absolutely could take more steps forward this season with his on ice impact if he can control the puck more often in space.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Yes.

I very much hope that a 23 year old 2nd year NHLer is not done improving.
I’m just curious cause there are always many examples of players kinda sticking around a certain point total… like I’m more less curious if he has potential to hit like the 70 point mark or sorta be topped out at the half a ppg type thing yearly

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I’m just curious cause there are always many examples of players kinda sticking around a certain point total… like I’m more less curious if he has potential to hit like the 70 point mark or sorta be topped out at the half a ppg type thing yearly
Hard to say. He doesn't have every tool to do, but I think he has enough. This year should be pretty telling. Even Kaprizov went from ~84 point player in his 1st year to 100+ point player his 2nd year.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

BerthMania

Jun 3, 2022
Montréal
I've read that Ohgren might start the season, for those who have seen him play what do you expect from him this year, a clear spot in the roster or AHL?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I've read that Ohgren might start the season, for those who have seen him play what do you expect from him this year, a clear spot in the roster or AHL?
The sample was too small last season to say anything for sure, he definitely made a good first impression, but camp will be very important for him. He does have a fair chance at making the team and would be among the favorites at the moment. LW is a definite weakness and he plays a good two way battle kind of game while also bringing a shooting element that the team is low on after Line 1. It'll be up to him, but he fits the roster well so I expect we see him getting significant NHL time this year, even if its not to start.

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
Kaprizov - Eriksson Ek - Boldy
Ohgren - Rossi - Hartman
Johansson - Gaudreau - Zuc

I might be in the minority here but I don’t want to see the top line broken up. D and PK was the problem last year, I think Rossi/Hartman combo on 2nd line could provide secondary scoring this year. Try different guys at wing with those two to find some chemistry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad