Minnesota Wild General Discussion 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Zuccarello's Norway eliminated in the olympic qualifiers. Same goes for Austria without Rossi.

I wonder if Rossi would have made a difference, since Austria lost to Slovakia and Kazakhstan by one goal each. But as a Wild fan, I'm glad he's focusing on his training.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zuccarello's Norway eliminated in the olympic qualifiers. Same goes for Austria without Rossi.

I wonder if Rossi would have made a difference, since Austria lost to Slovakia and Kazakhstan by one goal each. But as a Wild fan, I'm glad he's focusing on his training.
But Zucc, on his birthday Sept 1 (omg he's 37) scored the most beautiful goal in his career. I wonder why he never shows something like this in a Wild jersey :huh:

Reactions: Sweetnut

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
But Zucc, on his birthday Sept 1 (omg he's 37) scored the most beautiful goal in his career. I wonder why he never shows something like this in a Wild jersey :huh:

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he's not playing against guys who have to go back to their accounting jobs next week when he's wearing a Wild jersey

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We'll probably never find out exactly why Laine rejected a trade to the Wild, but it's a little hilarious and sad that he rejected the Wild to go to Montreal. You think he'd relish the opportunity to come play with Kaprizov, boost his numbers for his impending free agency. Maybe he's just sick of boring midwest cities, who knows.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
We'll probably never find out exactly why Laine rejected a trade to the Wild, but it's a little hilarious and sad that he rejected the Wild to go to Montreal. You think he'd relish the opportunity to come play with Kaprizov, boost his numbers for his impending free agency. Maybe he's just sick of boring midwest cities, who knows.
Well, MTL has some exciting young talent, and maybe Laine talked to the Elder Koivu before signing and heard positive things about MTL? MTL certainly has more of a Euro vibe than any other city, and while they have been down a bit recently, has an incredible hockey history and tradition. Hell, they were in the Cup finals just a few years ago, which is more than any MN team has ever done.

Having said all that, I do think that Laine would've done better here with either Boldy or Kap as his linemates. Both of those guys can score, but are vg passers, as are Rossi and Zucc.

I'm thinking that the reason the deal was made with MTL was more about them taking all of Laine's salary w/o retention, while we couldn't possibly have. I think the "Laine doesn't like us" angle is something that BG sold to the local press to avoid the perception that he couldn't close the deal, partially because he squandered cap space on underperforming or untalented acquisitions.

Reactions: MNRube

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Well, MTL has some exciting young talent, and maybe Laine talked to the Elder Koivu before signing and heard positive things about MTL? MTL certainly has more of a Euro vibe than any other city, and while they have been down a bit recently, has an incredible hockey history and tradition. Hell, they were in the Cup finals just a few years ago, which is more than any MN team has ever done.

Having said all that, I do think that Laine would've done better here with either Boldy or Kap as his linemates. Both of those guys can score, but are vg passers, as are Rossi and Zucc.

I'm thinking that the reason the deal was made with MTL was more about them taking all of Laine's salary w/o retention, while we couldn't possibly have. I think the "Laine doesn't like us" angle is something that BG sold to the local press to avoid the perception that he couldn't close the deal, partially because he squandered cap space on underperforming or untalented acquisitions.
Didn’t the North Stars make it to the finals in 81 and 91?

I would not have played Laine with Kap or Boldy. He seems like a guy tailor made for Zuccarello.

Kap-Ek-Boldy
Laine-Rossi-Zucc

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

Didn’t the North Stars make it to the finals in 81 and 91?

I would not have played Laine with Kap or Boldy. He seems like a guy tailor made for Zuccarello.

Kap-Ek-Boldy
Laine-Rossi-Zucc
The North remembers.

• Haha
Reactions: Sweetnut and TaLoN

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
He seems like a guy tailor made for Zuccarello.

Kap-Ek-Boldy
Laine-Rossi-Zucc
Yes, too bad it didn't happen.

I sure hope they don't go with Johansson again on the 2nd line. Hartman should work, he can play wing, has some grit + chemistry with Zucc.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
silly new commercial , 85 yr old lady sitting on couch. she says it was my 1st time , i like it fast , physical & i enjoy the rough stuff! ..........wild tickets on sale now.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023

I like all of this, except for the Euro vibe thing. I don't necessarily think that an overall Euro vibe is the right path for an NA team. Just focus on the NA style of hockey in the NHL and you're good to go.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like all of this, except for the Euro vibe thing. I don't necessarily think that an overall Euro vibe is the right path for an NA team. Just focus on the NA style of hockey in the NHL and you're good to go.
I meant the city outside of the rink.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad