Minnesota Wild General Discussion 2024-25

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Capfriendly has MN signing Boyd to a $775k 2-way deal ($550k minors salary). He was a LTIR guy last year.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Capfriendly has MN signing Boyd to a $775k 2-way deal ($550k minors salary). He was a LTIR guy last year.

He's just a couple years removed from playing between Keller and Schmaltz on Arizona's top line. Not to imply that he belongs in that role at all, but I love him as an injury call up over guys like Beckman (previously) or Walker. Should help the AHL team not be train wreck too if everyone stays mostly healthy.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
So is there really no way to see any videos of Guerin or Brackett following the draft? Or interviews from the draftees? There is nothing on the Wild app, nothing on the Wild youtube page...

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Splitting up that top line is actually the smart thing to do in this situation, the only reason it seems like it sucks is because Zuccarello isn't a top six even strength player and we're pretty much forced to slot him in there because he's even less of a bottom six style player in the way that Guerin and Hynes look for.

If you had a better player than Zuccarello instead of him, you probably wouldn't have to split up that top line, and if you did, it wouldn't be that bad because Zuccarello wouldn't have to drag Kaprizov down.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Can we please, please get Guerin someone to handle the contracts? Like who the hell is running that side of things? Also can we get rid of Ray Shero, I feel like some of these moves are because of him.

BTW they hired Jack Capuano, promoted Cody McLeod to assistant director of player development because he's done such a stellar job.

I hate the cronyism that is plaguing Minnesota.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Pretty much confirms what I suspected, Guerin has no clue.

Gave Hartman and Zuccarello similar contracts, but as of last season Zuccarello was making over three times as much. Hartman outscored Zuccarello at even strength despite less favorable usage, and Zuccarello received way more favorable PP usage, where he scored most of his points. Of course Hartman isn't going to score as many PP points.

Hartman has warts and things he should be better at, but if you're going to call out his offense, either give him the same opportunities you give Zuccarello, or call out Zuccarello too.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Okay, so what happens if they don't have a better season? Like there is a carrot, but where is the stick?

Technically Johansson and Gaudreau can get traded but I'm also not sure that's a punishment, and both of them have NTC's to help keep them away from teams they don't want to go to

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Kaprizov - Rossi - Boldy
Trenin - Ek - Foligno
Johansson - Hartman - Zuccarello
Lauko - Marat - Freddy/waiver claim/2-way contract

Wait, can we even afford a Rossi extension if he goes point-per-game on that line?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad