Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2023-24

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
So what you're saying is that you're going to want to see it sometime in the future.

Lots of core strength overall.

I know some that don't do a lot of upper body things so they don't lose chest size and make their shoulders too broad.

It's a very delicate balance one has to strike.

Core strength is crucial, and an absolute pain training-wise. Grip strength too. Then you need good body control - where core helps - and maintaining a physique which isn't too visibly muscular, especially if you're more entertainment-focused.

Having endurance & stamina also helps, but isn't the single most important thing.

It's actually very solid training program, doubly so if one mixes yoga into it to improve flexibility.

Also one should remember to make a clear distinction between strippers and actual dancers/athletes... but I suppose both can work a pole so there's that.

• Haha
Reactions: Soldier13Fox

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's a very delicate balance one has to strike.

Core strength is crucial, and an absolute pain training-wise. Grip strength too. Then you need good body control - where core helps - and maintaining a physique which isn't too visibly muscular, especially if you're more entertainment-focused.

Having endurance & stamina also helps, but isn't the single most important thing.

It's actually very solid training program, doubly so if one mixes yoga into it to improve flexibility.

Also one should remember to make a clear distinction between strippers and actual dancers/athletes... but I suppose both can work a pole so there's that.
First post in months and we get this, not talk about MiG's suspension or whether we should take Helenius in the upcoming draft?

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i really believe our prospect pool of forwards is good and all we really need is a temp RW like a tarasenko or others mentioned for a year or 2 then we'll be set. its D we need to figure out a plan to upgrade. ps news flash banana hammocks R-US website is having a 3 for 1 special!

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
Wouldn’t mind seeing Arvidsson on this roster. Always liked his game. He will only give you 60-70 games on a normal year is the issue, but I’d take that at an affordable 2-3 year contract.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wouldn’t mind seeing Arvidsson on this roster. Always liked his game. He will only give you 60-70 games on a normal year is the issue, but I’d take that at an affordable 2-3 year contract.
he played 18 games last year and is heading into his 30's. Perfect BG player, once we give him a NMC contract.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What are the odds that Guerin is one of the guys that thinks Jeannot's one outlier season is actually the norm and is willing to overpay for him?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Ok. I just checked the post you quoted and it doesn't look like I claimed otherwise.
Are you saying next offseason in free agency? Cause otherwise I’m not sure how else I should respond. Jeannot has one year left on his deal.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Are you saying next offseason in free agency? Cause otherwise I’m not sure how else I should respond. Jeannot has one year left on his deal.

It has apparently been reported (Friedman) that Jeannot is a player to keep an eye on this summer (trade candidate), and that there are several teams who think he's closer to the one season he had in Nashville than the two he's had in Tampa (and presumably willing to pay accordingly).

My implication is that I don't think Jeannot is worth paying what a 24 goal, 41 point winger would be worth because I don't think he's that, meaning if he is traded to a team that feels that way about him, it could be an overpayment.

It's been reported that Guerin is possibly looking to add a winger this summer, and it's understood that he likely wants to make the roster bigger if he can.

My question is, given all of this, what are the odds that Guerin/Wild is among those several GM's/teams that feel that way and would pay accordingly.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It has apparently been reported (Friedman) that Jeannot is a player to keep an eye on this summer (trade candidate), and that there are several teams who think he's closer to the one season he had in Nashville than the two he's had in Tampa (and presumably willing to pay accordingly).

My implication is that I don't think Jeannot is worth paying what a 24 goal, 41 point winger would be worth because I don't think he's that, meaning if he is traded to a team that feels that way about him, it could be an overpayment.

It's been reported that Guerin is possibly looking to add a winger this summer, and it's understood that he likely wants to make the roster bigger if he can.

My question is, given all of this, what are the odds that Guerin/Wild is among those several GM's/teams that feel that way and would pay accordingly.
Guerin has been pretty reluctant to deal 1st or 2nd round picks. The only prospects he’s traded have been guys that want out. I wouldn’t lose sleep over a 3rd round pick. That would be slight overpayment, but nothing to get upset about.

Guerin has been pretty consistent when it comes to adding bottom of the lineup guys. 5th-7th round picks. Reaves(5th), Maroon(7th), Bogosian(7th). A 3rd for Deslaurier sticks out like a sore thumb though.

Even middle of the lineup guys are not costing a lot of draft capital. Klingberg (4th+Nesterenko+Sustr), Sundkvist (4th), Nyquist (5th), Middleton (Kahk+5th), Johansson (3rd).

Contrast that with trades he’s sending guys out. Fiala (Faber+1st), Duhaime (3rd), Dewar (4th), McBain (2nd), Kunin (+4th for Bonino+2nd+3rd), Donato (3rd).

I think he’s winning the value game for the most part in terms of his trades as a collective. The real judgement comes when he starts trading 1st/2nd round picks for top 6 or top 4 players. He hasn’t done that yet.

TL;DR I don’t think Guerin will overpay.

Reactions: ctmagic

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Guerin has been pretty reluctant to deal 1st or 2nd round picks. The only prospects he’s traded have been guys that want out. I wouldn’t lose sleep over a 3rd round pick. That would be slight overpayment, but nothing to get upset about.

Guerin has been pretty consistent when it comes to adding bottom of the lineup guys. 5th-7th round picks. Reaves(5th), Maroon(7th), Bogosian(7th). A 3rd for Deslaurier sticks out like a sore thumb though.

Even middle of the lineup guys are not costing a lot of draft capital. Klingberg (4th+Nesterenko+Sustr), Sundkvist (4th), Nyquist (5th), Middleton (Kahk+5th), Johansson (3rd).

Contrast that with trades he’s sending guys out. Fiala (Faber+1st), Duhaime (3rd), Dewar (4th), McBain (2nd), Kunin (+4th for Bonino+2nd+3rd), Donato (3rd).

I think he’s winning the value game for the most part in terms of his trades as a collective. The real judgement comes when he starts trading 1st/2nd round picks for top 6 or top 4 players. He hasn’t done that yet.

TL;DR I don’t think Guerin will overpay.

I think the price Jeannot would go for would be closer to a 2nd and a minor prospect, if teams really think he's the 20 goal, 40 point guy. I wouldn't like that price. A 3rd would be no problem to me, which is why I can't see that being it.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I think the price Jeannot would go for would be closer to a 2nd and a minor prospect, if teams really think he's the 20 goal, 40 point guy. I wouldn't like that price. A 3rd would be no problem to me, which is why I can't see that being it.
That should be the price if he's a 20 goal 40 point guy unambiguously. It's hardly unambiguous in Jeannot's case, so anyone paying that much is getting shafted on the price of their risk.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Lafrenriere’s post-season is a good reminder not to panic trade skilled young forwards with great 5v5 production. Rossi plays a completely different style (and position) but they both have been really good ES scorers with draft pedigree. Hope we don’t trade him unless it’s as part of a package for another bonafide star

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Lafrenriere’s post-season is a good reminder not to panic trade skilled young forwards with great 5v5 production. Rossi plays a completely different style (and position) but they both have been really good ES scorers with draft pedigree. Hope we don’t trade him unless it’s as part of a package for another bonafide star
I’ll bet Guerin values Stramel over Rossi in a vacuum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad